airport runway on US-Canada border

Old September 6th, 2012, 07:53 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
TS742

Default airport runway on US-Canada border

Is there a runway that starts in one country and ends in another? I
think I saw one on Google Earth, but forgot where.
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:23 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mark Brader

Subject: airport runway on US-Canada border
Is there a runway that starts in one country and ends in another?

I've never heard of an example. As to the US-Canada border in
particular, it does cut through a number of buildings around
45.0057,-72.0977.

I do know of two airports in Europe where part of the airport
*boundary* is a national border -- Geneva International and
Gibraltar. And in Gibraltar's case the runway crosses the only
road that crosses the border.
--
Mark Brader | [It was] based on a rather unique interpretation
Toronto | [of the law]... (and, by unique, we mean "wrong")...

Old September 7th, 2012, 07:31 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mark Brader

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piney_P...Border_Airport
Here it is!

Not one but two! (The article claims three, but the third one is just
huddled against the border, like my European examples, with perhaps a
bit of the property projecting across.) Have a look:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=49,-95.983&t=k&z=15
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=49,-118.2223&t=k&z=15

Thanks!
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Save our planet: it's the only one with chocolate"