Tanzania Safari

Old August 27th, 2004, 08:58 PM
East Africa

Default Tanzania Safari

Hi,

Can anyone give me an idea of how much a safari in tanzania will cost?
Me and my girlfriend are planning to visit this east african country
in November and will be staying there for a week. I checked the
websites, but they have outrageous prices. I am looking for a budget
safari that shouldnt cost more than $1000 for both of us. We are
interested in doing the Serengati safari. Any tips and information
will be appreciated.

Old August 28th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Dave Patterson

East Africa wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone give me an idea of how much a safari in tanzania will cost?
Me and my girlfriend are planning to visit this east african country
in November and will be staying there for a week. I checked the
websites, but they have outrageous prices. I am looking for a budget
safari that shouldnt cost more than $1000 for both of us. We are
interested in doing the Serengati safari.

For starters, park fees will be $30 per day
for each of you.
6 days on safari = $360

The vehicle and driver/guide will cost
at least $150 to $170 per day.
6 days on safari = $900

Lodge rates, which include all meals,
even at the moderate places
will be at least $150 per night.
(Better lodges are more than $200)
6 days on safari = $900

Your thought of having a Tanzania safari
for $1000 total for 2 people is an impossibility.
You can't even do it for $1000 per person
unless you are part of a larger group where
the vehicle costs are shared.

Old September 5th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Berit L

"East Africa" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Can anyone give me an idea of how much a safari in tanzania will cost?
Me and my girlfriend are planning to visit this east african country
in November and will be staying there for a week. I checked the
websites, but they have outrageous prices. I am looking for a budget
safari that shouldnt cost more than $1000 for both of us. We are
interested in doing the Serengati safari. Any tips and information
will be appreciated.

I'm going to Tanzania in 3 weeks, and have checked out quite a few different
safari companies. The ones I've had contact with have been either
reccommended to me by people I know, or I've gone by the list in my
guidebook (Bradt). The cheapest offer was from one or two of the ones from
the guidebook list, and it was about twice the price that you want to pay...
The author said that anything cheaper would most likely mean you're going on
a trip with an outfitter that is not operating legally OR safely! So-called
touts or flycatchers It CAN of course be a good trip anyway, if you're
lucky.... but how sad it would be to be denied access to the parks because
the company you're using haven't paid access fees, have the trip end because
their crappy vehicle breaks down, etc etc.....

Berit

Old September 7th, 2004, 11:00 AM
cc

For comparison you might look at this sight, almost twice your budget but

http://www.predators-safaris.com/progs.htm

God tur,

-Paal