Train Journey from Florence to Pisa

Old July 21st, 2008, 03:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
briwuk

Default Train Journey from Florence to Pisa

Could someone please help me with an approximate cost for this
journey. We are off to florence on the 26th for three days and was
wondering whether we should add this to our itinery

Thanks for any help

Bri
Old July 21st, 2008, 03:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

briwuk wrote:

Could someone please help me with an approximate cost for this
journey. We are off to florence on the 26th for three days and was
wondering whether we should add this to our itinery

It's cheap enough not to worry about it. Around 10 euro for the return
trip- journey a little over an hour- frequent service. Try
http://www.ferroviedellostato.it/

There's an english option too.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the
Old July 21st, 2008, 03:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:40:08 +0100 schrieb briwuk:

Could someone please help me with an approximate cost for this
journey. We are off to florence on the 26th for three days and was
wondering whether we should add this to our itinery

It doesn't cost much. 5 years ago I paid something like 8 EUR. The trains
go often (like every 20 Minutes in the day), you don't need to make
reservation in advance. Just go to the station and buy a ticket.

The train ride takes roughly one hour.

It's definetely worth to take the day-trip to Pisa. One tip: If you look
for nice restaurants, don't look near the leaning tower (just touristy),
but rather in the town itself or near the River.

Regards,

Frank
Old July 21st, 2008, 04:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tile

briwuk wrote:
Could someone please help me with an approximate cost for this
journey. We are off to florence on the 26th for three days and was
wondering whether we should add this to our itinery

Thanks for any help

Bri

do not miss the Cemetery !!!
It boasts the best collection of roman sarcophaguses of the world.
some of the frescoes.. destroyed during the war by an american air raid..
have now been restored and are in place.
some people go to Pisa only for the leaning tower..
but i guess now visitors are admitted on a numerus clauss basis. and a very
expensive you
if you worry about the price of the train tickets in Italy. you will worry
but more about entrance tickets to museums ( even if Italy is one of the
cheapest countries on this respect )

maybe some of the roman ships recovered during excavations are now
on exhibition. should be about 16 of them

Old July 21st, 2008, 04:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Lennart Petersen

"briwuk" skrev i meddelandet
Could someone please help me with an approximate cost for this
journey. We are off to florence on the 26th for three days and was
wondering whether we should add this to our itinery

Thanks for any help

Bri

---------
In stead of the shortest route over Empoli you could also try the more
scenic route over Pistoia-Lucca in one way. Change train in Lucca where
you can spend at least an hour strolling around.

For train connections try
http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

It's an inexpensive trip but if you have to know you may consult
http://www.ferroviedellostato.it/fer...il/inglese.jsp

Old July 22nd, 2008, 09:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:29:18 +0200 schrieb tile:

some people go to Pisa only for the leaning tower..
but i guess now visitors are admitted on a numerus clauss basis. and a very
expensive you
if you worry about the price of the train tickets in Italy. you will worry
but more about entrance tickets to museums ( even if Italy is one of the
cheapest countries on this respect )

When I was there a ferw years ago you could get a combi-ticket that
entitled you to all 4(?) museums around the tower, including the Cemetary.
I don't recall it being very expensive, maybe 15 or 20 EUR for all the
museums together.

Regards,

Frank
Old July 22nd, 2008, 01:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Wiener Sänger

On Jul 22, 1:22*pm, Frank Hucklenbroich
wrote:
Am Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:29:18 +0200 schrieb tile:

When I was there a ferw years ago you could get a combi-ticket that
entitled you to all 4(?) museums around the tower, including the Cemetary..
I don't recall it being very expensive, maybe 15 or 20 EUR for all the
museums together.

Regards,

Frank

I visited last year, and happened to take a photo of the price list.

It's EUR2 for the Cathedral, EUR5 for any 1 attraction other than the
Leaning Tower itself, EUR6 for any 2 attractions, EUR10 for the any
5, and EUR15 for the leaning tower. So it's EUR10+EUR15=EUR25 for
everything at the Piazza Miracoli.

If you want the photo, I can send it to you, or it is probably on the
web somewhere.

Old July 22nd, 2008, 02:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

wrote:
Am Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:29:18 +0200 schrieb tile:

When I was there a ferw years ago you could get a combi-ticket that
entitled you to all 4(?) museums around the tower, including the Cemetary.
I don't recall it being very expensive, maybe 15 or 20 EUR for all the
museums together.

Regards,

Frank

I visited last year, and happened to take a photo of the price list.

It's EUR2 for the Cathedral, EUR5 for any 1 attraction other than the
Leaning Tower itself, EUR6 for any 2 attractions, EUR10 for the any
5, and EUR15 for the leaning tower. So it's EUR10+EUR15=EUR25 for
everything at the Piazza Miracoli.

Thanks for the info.

At that time we couldn't climb the leaning tower istself, as our son was
too young for it then (children have to be 8 or so), so we paid the 10 EUR
for 5 attractions, which i found reasonable. I didn't know they charge
*that* much for the tower itself.

Regards,

Frank