What's happened to our money?

Old August 18th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Winabagel" wrote in message
In our recent visit to the Yellowstone NP we learned that the Park was
essentially run by a "concession", a privately-owned for-profit outfit
called Aramark. This huge multi-national corporation basically owns the
big wheels in the Department of the Interior, or at least has these
corrupted politicians in its pocket.

I had thought the National Parks system is suppose to be managed by the
tax-payers supported organization called "the government". But it's
turned out that it cost taxpayers much more to enjoy the NP system now a
day. Everything in the park, such as gifts and food and transportation,
is more expensive than it should be because we have a FOR-PROFIT
organization sits between the people and the beautiful nature with one
objective in mind: MONEY and lots of it. What I don't get is the
national parks belong to everyone in the US - not just for a few rich
and powerful corporations to exploit the park visitors and to capitalize
on what suppose to be free in nature.

You dont have to buy those gifts (mainly trash ) , food or transportation
and this is nothing new , it dates back to the early 20th century so blaming
in the present administration is just stoopid.

Keith

Old August 24th, 2004, 11:43 PM
Al

It's called privatization. They always tell us it will cost the taxpayers
less, but frequently winds up costing more,. while some well connected
company or individual makes a big profit. Also, like deregulation, the
service is frequently inferior.
Al

"Winabagel" wrote in message
[...]

The presence of these blood-sucker corporations in national parks has
made it almost not worth it to visit NP any more as these exploitive
hard-core capitalists could easily drain our pockets every time we try
to enjoy the nature, one that God has given us for free!

It's so clear that there is a huge difference between the park rangers
and those who are working for the blood-sucker private corporations in
the parks. The park rangers love their jobs and love what they are
trying to preserve: the beautiful nature. On the other hand, the
explotive private scums do all they can to make money at the expense of
the endangered species. And park rangers are among these endangered
species. Budget cuts have led to a huge reduction on park ranger staff
while the private corporation, including the timber industry, are
beefing up their army of blood-thirsty scums scavenging on all good
nutrients of nature that are important to the survive of good people and
beautiful nature.

There must be some kind of serious corruption going on in the Department
of Interior starting with the Chief named G. W. Bush, who has been known
to the world as the evil leader of the century. This idiot Bush has
funneled hundred of billions of dollars into the pockets of his friends
in the oil industry such as Halliburton while depleting and endangering
the natural resources of the very country he has sworn to protect.

Isn't it time that the American people take back this country before
it's too late???

Old August 25th, 2004, 12:18 AM
PeterL

"Al" wrote in message
It's called privatization. They always tell us it will cost the taxpayers
less, but frequently winds up costing more,. while some well connected
company or individual makes a big profit. Also, like deregulation, the
service is frequently inferior.

Inferior to what? Government employees? You've got to be joking.

(I speak as a government employee myself.)

Al

Old August 25th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Al" wrote in message
It's called privatization. They always tell us it will cost the taxpayers
less, but frequently winds up costing more,. while some well connected
company or individual makes a big profit. Also, like deregulation, the
service is frequently inferior.
Al

Trouble is this particular operation has always been in private hands.
The company which is now called Xanterra was originally
the Fred Harvey company and began operations in the
national parks before WW1.

Far from costing the taxpayers money the sale of the concession rights
raises revenue for the National Parks Service.

Keith