Boston Hotel Suggestions.

Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:57 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected][_1_]

Default Boston Hotel Suggestions.

Hi all

I am looking at going to Boston sometime in either May or June of this
year and I am doing some research right now. As part of this research
I am looking into hotels and rates. I the past I have done very well
using Priceline, as hoping to use them again to get a great deal. Only
thing is I am not sure which zones I should be looking at when bidding
for a hotel. I am looking for something that is close to the major
site or least or easy to get by means of public transportation. Below
is a list of Priceline zones that I was thinking of bidding in.

Boston Harbor Front – Aquarium

Boston Waterfront - Convention Center

Copley Square - Theatre District

Quincy Market - Faneuil Hall – Financial

I was hoping that someone could give the pros and cons of the zones.

Thanks in advance
Michael
Old February 22nd, 2010, 02:00 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

wrote:
[...]

Michael -

Boston is a compact town, and those zones are all walking distance from one
another, and accessible by subway or ground trans. I guess if you like a
view, there are hotels in each that can provide that. If you want to be
part of that view, and it's your first time in Boston, then Faneuil
Hall/Aquarium will put you in proximity to all the main tourist goodies.
Copley Sq won't disappoint either, but the Convention Center might if you
like nightlife, though it is close to the North End and it's historical
sites and the Italian section.

You can't go wrong in downtown, so go by price, throw a dart, whatever. If
you're a foodie, consider Cambridge, which has a wealth of ethnic and
seafood restaurants, and Harvard is a great place to visit.

Keith

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:59 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Boston Hotel Suggestions. correction

K wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Sorry, I was thinking of town hall when I said the convention center was
close to the North End. Neither convention center is very close to the main
sites of interest.

Keith

---

Old February 22nd, 2010, 06:42 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Steve Cain

I used Priceline and got the Westin in the Copley Square area. It was great
and especially convenient to the symphony.

Don't think you can go wrong with any of the areas you OP'd. Metro pass
will cost $9/day or $15/week.....do the math. s