langkawi malaysia

Old July 29th, 2004, 08:34 PM
joe cole

Default langkawi malaysia

Hi i need some info & help on Langkawi island(s) in Malaysia.

I''ve done quite a few island holidays in Malaysia before & i quite like to
islands where i found the snorkelling & diving quite good. But now i want to
try some other islands. I was told Langkawi island is a bit up market &
touristy but the other islands off it are smaller & much quieter, similar to
perhentian island, is this true? i can't find much info on these smaller
islands off the main langkawi island & if anyone can point me to websites or
guide books that would be great. All my web searches came up with a very
touristy langkawi island holidays, it mentions the other '99' islands that
make up the island group but no mention of it at all.

In particular, i need to find out about places to stay, how to get about,
regular boat services between islands etc. good islands where i can stay for
about RM$50 a night & where i can just swim/snorkel or dive nearby etc.

thanks.

joe cole

Old July 29th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Alfred Molon

joe cole wrote:
[...]

What I know is that the islands to the south of Langkawi
http://www.molon.de/galleries/Malays...gkawi/Islands/

don't have accomodation. Also, the seawater around Langkawi is far less
clean than the one around Perhentian (it's actually dirty) - not really
suitable for snorkelling.
--

Alfred Molon

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Brunei,
Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Austria, Budapest and
Portugal

Old July 30th, 2004, 01:29 PM
joe cole

Thanks Alfred,

WOW.... your website looks great! i saw it a few years ago & was impressed,
now it's even better. Well done. I was trying to figure out if you were a
retired German spending your time & money in Malaysia until i read your
'about us' bit. Now all is clear.... congratulations on the new member of
your family!

Back to the question of Langkawi, i read somewhere that the islands north of
Langkawi, towards the Thai border & Andaman sea are better & similar to
Perhentians but i have no info about how to get there, places to stay,
regular boat services etc. Any ideas anyone?

btw.... what camera do you use that gives you 300dpi & 33megapixel? I'm
thinking of buying a new digital camera but something like yours i would
imagine would be in the professional range... but still it's good to know
about it. thanks.

joe cole.