good cruise company

Old January 6th, 2006, 11:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default good cruise company

Hello, I am trying to find a good cruise for my parents. I was
wondering what was a great 7 day ship for around $1800 per person.
Something that isnt too overcrowded, and without hundreds of screaming
children, if such a thing even exists. It does not really matter where
it leaves port, as long as its scenic and travels to foreign
destinations. I was planning on booking it for june or august. I have
never been on a cruise, nor have my parents, but they would really
enjoy it.

Any response would be gratefully appreciated.

Old January 7th, 2006, 04:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Medfield,

I hate to rain on your parade, but in this case Clint, our resident troll,
is actually accidentally providing an accurate answer, but your best bet is
to contact a travel agent.

There are lots of them here. You need only to read through the posts on
this newsgroup to find one.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

(* _ *)

"clint" wrote in message
You should't have to pay that much! Check out Holland America
website.Upscale, but reasonable and very nice for seniors.
oups.com...

Old January 7th, 2006, 04:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, I am trying to find a good cruise for my parents. I was
wondering what was a great 7 day ship for around $1800 per person.
Something that isnt too overcrowded, and without hundreds of screaming
children, if such a thing even exists. It does not really matter where
it leaves port, as long as its scenic and travels to foreign
destinations. I was planning on booking it for june or august. I have
never been on a cruise, nor have my parents, but they would really
enjoy it.

Any response would be gratefully appreciated.

Late June, July and August are peak time... when families with school age
kids can go on cruises. If your parents can go in April/May or Sept-Nov, it
would be much cheaper, with far fewer kids.

Where do you think they may engoy going? Caribbean? Alaska? Canada/New
England/Quebec? Europe? Mediterranean? Bermuda? All are great cruise
destinations.

--Tom

Old January 7th, 2006, 06:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 22:01:58 -0500, "Dick G."
wrote:

but in this case Clint, our resident troll,
is actually accidentally providing an accurate answer, but your best bet is
to contact a travel agent.

Hi Dick,

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. g

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905