War Crimes of William T. Sherman

Old March 18th, 2013, 07:20 PM posted to soc.retirement,alt.history,soc.culture.usa,alt.horror,rec.travel.europe
ПеаБраин[_4_]

Default War Crimes of William T. Sherman

War Crimes of William T. Sherman

"On February 17 the South Carolina Conservative Action Council met in
Columbia, South Carolina to recognize the 146th anniversary of one of
General William Tecumseh Sherman’s war crimes.

February 17, 1865, in the closing months of Lincoln’s War of Northern
Aggression, General William T. Sherman destroyed Columbia, the capital
city of South Carolina, burning it to the ground. He planned this war
crime in advance promising to “make Georgia howl” and “punish South
Carolina as she deserves” for her “sins” against the Union. With the
blessing of President Abraham Lincoln, General Sherman and his 62,000
battle-hardened Union troops fulfilled his promise, raping, pillaging
and burning their way through both states.

After willfully destroying Columbia, Sherman then tried to deflect
responsibility onto the Confederates, claiming they set bales of
cotton afire, destroying their own capital city at the orders of
Confederate Lt. General Wade Hampton III. Yet the last Confederate
troops to leave the city insisted that they were given strict orders
from Hampton that no cotton was to be fired.

Sherman later recanted this allegation. In his Memoirs, Volume 11,
page 287, he writes, “In my official report of this conflagration I
distinctly charged it to General Wade Hampton, and confess I did so
pointedly to shake the faith of his people in him, for he was in my
opinion a braggart and professed to be the special champion of South
Carolina.”

Two years later commander of the US 15th Corps, General Howard, also
admitted to this heinous act. He openly admitted that, “It is useless
to deny that our troops burnt Columbia, for I saw them in the act.”

Even as late as 1965, one hundred years after the event, The State
newspaper, Columbia’s daily paper, had a story clearly stating that
drunken Union troops who were out of control destroyed Columbia during
their rioting and looting of the doomed city.

Civilian homes were looted, graves desecrated, women, both white and
black, raped and murdered, thousands of citizens, both white and
black, left homeless and forced to forage for whatever morsel of food
they could find in the rubble left in the wake of the marauders.

The descendants of these people have been told that their history is
of no consequence.

The descendants of the people who were left to forage like animals
have been told that their Heritage is not worthy of remembering or
celebrating.

Most descendants of these suffering people don’t even know the truth
about what happened on February 17, 1865, since history records that
the destruction of Columbia is “controversial” and history is written
by the victors.

Someone must remember Sherman’s savage act.

Someone must remember the bragging words of Thomas Ward Osborn, a
Union Officer who served with Sherman and stated that “The city is
built entirely of wood and is in the most excellent condition to
burn. The space on fire by midnight had housed thirty-five thousand
people. The flames rolled and heaved like waves of the ocean. The
scene is splendid, magnificently grand; the scene of pillaging, the
suffering and terror of the citizens and of our frantic and drunken
soldiers.”

The Heritage and history of our people is constantly under attack.
We’re regularly reminded about the terror of September 11. The 1906
San Francisco earthquake and the great Chicago fire of 1871 are
forever burned in the memory of all Americans. We certainly know
about the attack at Pearl Harbor and who will ever forget those
searing images of Hurricane Katrina?

Yet the willful and deliberate pillaging and destruction of an
American city, inhabited by Americans who are raped and murdered,
while tens of thousands of other Americans become homeless and
destitute – these acts perpetrated by the heartless and inhuman act of
their fellow Americans – this part of our history remains buried in
the ash bin of time.

Someone must remember. If not you, then who?"
Old March 19th, 2013, 02:40 AM posted to soc.retirement,alt.history,soc.culture.usa,alt.horror,rec.travel.europe
BIG BIRD

"????????" wrote in message
War Crimes of William T. Sherman

"the only crime Sherman committed is NOT lynching all those mother ****ing, ****
eating,
pig ****in, treasonous,traitorous, non fighting ability, hillbilly dick suckers
when he had the chance

Old March 19th, 2013, 02:45 AM posted to soc.retirement,alt.history,soc.culture.usa,alt.horror,rec.travel.europe
BIG BIRD

"????????" wrote in message
[...]

that's what they deserved for being loud mouth, gutless, lard assed,
non fighting ability hillbillies boy,

they thought they could kick some Yankee butt, and after getting
their asses kicked for running those stupid cracker mouths they
want to cry like a bunch of butt ****ed hillbilly sheep?

if yall **** with them Yankees yall gonna get ****ed up

and it appears you did

now I doubt that any fine upstanding, Yankee soldier would have ****ed any of