How many countries?

Old December 13th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Smiley

Default How many countries?

Barbara Wegmann wrote:

My husband won two plane tickets to London and we plan to use them to spend a
week in Europe. We want to see as many countries as we possibly can in 5 days.
Friends have told us the countries are pretty small and you can do them quickly.
So we plan to take a train from London to like Athens or the farthest point we
can and just see each country as we go by. I don't care to see anything in
particular, to tell you the truth I prefer to vacation in Orlando or Anaheim,
and after the way Europeans turned against us and our great President earlier
this year I would just as soon not spend any money there and help out their
economies with our dollars, but my husband really wants to use the free tickets
and if we take a long train ride across a lot of countries and take pictures
along the way then at least we can tell our friends back home we've been there
done that. Does any have any idea what's the most countries we can see in 5
days and which would be the best trains to take to pack in the most countries?

Thanks,

Barbara W.

Hi

Save your trip Spend all your time in UK

If you must see more take the afternoon train to Paris and come back
next day
Paris at night is great
There is more to see in London than you can cover in 5 days

Good luck

--
Please note: To avoid spam, all email to my Hotmail address (above) is automatically trashed. If you wish to send me an email, kindly say so in a post, before attempting to send the mail. I will notify you by a private email to which we can respond to.

Old December 13th, 2003, 05:16 PM
Owain

"Keith Anderson" wrote
| By Jove, that's spiffing advice old boy! Our Great Leader and
| that Bush fellah from the Colonies certainly showed the fuzzy-
| wuzzies a thing or two, what? Good idea to enter a hostelry.,
| let Mine Host know where you're from and it'll be free beer
| and jellied eels all night. Pick up a copy of the "Daily Mqail"
| every day just to know what those dastardly European cads are
| up to and take it easy.
| Fforbes-Frobisher RN (Ret'd)

cough It's spelt fforbes-Frobysher, actually.

Old December 13th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Simon Elliott

Smiley writes
[...]

I agree! And here's a useful little guide which will help you get the
best out of your stay:

http://www.effingpot.com/fun/americans.html

--
Simon Elliott
http://www.ctsn.co.uk/

Old December 14th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Dave Smith

Barbara Wegmann wrote:

[...]

Sign up with some Japanese tour trip. Ride in a bus all day, hope out and take a
picture then back in the bus.

Old December 15th, 2003, 03:41 PM
DALing

Rum (Nelson was pickled in rum)
"Keith Anderson" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 23:26:02 GMT, John Bermont
wrote:

Keith Anderson wrote:
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 01:55:29 GMT, John Bermont
wrote:

For only five days just stay in London. Bush's friends, if any, are
right there.

John Bermont

By Jove, that's spiffing advice old boy! Our Great Leader and that
Bush fellah from the Colonies certainly showed the fuzzy-wuzzies a
thing or two, what? Good idea to enter a hostelry., let Mine Host know
where you're from and it'll be free beer and jellied eels all night.
Pick up a copy of the "Daily Mqail" every day just to know what those
dastardly European cads are up to and take it easy.

Fforbes-Frobisher RN (Ret'd)

Ff-F,

Seems that you pickled yourself in vinegar and salt two centuries ago
and have just come out of preservation.

Vinegar? Gin, old boy, gin!

Britain no longer rules the
waves, or anything else for that matter. Ya'll just tag along as George
W. Caesar leads the march, and doles out the spoils.

John Bermont

Old December 16th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Olivers

DALing muttered....

Rum (Nelson was pickled in rum)

Actually, IIRC Nelson was pickled in brandy (and not Cognac or Armagnac,
but the cheaper Spanish sort).

TMO
Old December 16th, 2003, 04:22 PM
Olivers

DALing muttered....

wrote:

[...]

Akshulee, among the British, traditon calls for a butt of Malmsey (although
in emergencies, a cow horn and a bit of molten lead may be used to solve
problems within the royal family).

TMO
Old December 26th, 2003, 07:21 PM
void

This is a troll. This same subject has been posted befo

http://www.google.com/groups?q=g:thl...40pita.alt.net