Kenya - Trip Log

Old May 25th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Pat Anderson

Default Kenya - Trip Log

In message , Marc Lurie
writes
Kenya Breweries introduced the canned Tusker in response to SA
Breweries entering the Kenyan market in around November 1998 after SA
Breweries started marketing canned Castle beer in East Africa.

SA Breweries (now called SAB Miller) are the second largest brewing
company in the world, and any organisation that takes them on
head-to-head gets my vote :-)

Marc
On Sun, 22 May 2005 09:15:34 +0100, Pat Anderson
wrote:

In message . com,
pgalland writes
A huge thank you to those of you who gave me excellent advice for my
Kenya trip in March. Here is an account of my two weeks in Kenya that
might help others prepare for their safari adventure.

http://www.glynn.k12.ga.us/~pgalland...kenyatrip.html

Thank you for posting this wonderful account of your safari to Kenya!
The photos are great and especially interesting to me as I know most of
the places shown. I have yet to read all the text but intend to save
your trip report and do so at leisure. I`m glad you enjoyed your visit
to Kenya. One thing that I did notice was that there were Cans of
Tusker, I spent a long time in Kenya and there weren`t any cans of
drinks, all were in bottles-- so a change there.
Thanks again.
Pat.

Marc,
Thanks for that, not having been to Kenya since 1999 for various
reasons, I didn`t know that. I did have some Castle lager in Nairobi
whilst staying with friends there. The friends actually live not far
from Kenya breweries. Cans would have been handy for us years ago, we
used to carry crates of Tusker and Whitecap in a Landrover along dirt
roads and always had some breakage's!
Pat
--
Pat Anderson