Cultural Interest

Old June 3rd, 2006, 11:37 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Default Cultural Interest

we are Navajo Indians, Native Americans....we are blessed to be able to
travel to the Gold Coast area of Australia thru a quirk of luck this August
..... therefore as indigenous people of the USA, we would like to explore the
native culture of Australia as much we can...we have no idea of the area we
will be at as a source of interest but would love to see, meet or visit
areas of indigenous cultural ....thanks for any info....again 1st time
visitors with alot of questions

Old June 4th, 2006, 01:15 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Most of the Aboriginal culture you find anywhere near the gold coast will be
as realistic as the Navajo culture available to tourists visiting your
region,
Not at all.

--
If at first you dont succeed
try try try again

_
k.net...

Old June 4th, 2006, 01:30 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

http://www.bigvolcano.com.au/stories...g/aborigin.htm

The Bundjalung people operate a cultural centre at Tweed Heads - on the
southern end of the Gold Coast.
Also known as the Tweed Heads Historic Site, it is a NSW National Parks and
Wildlife Service Historic Site and indigenous NPWS officers interpret the
site, its relics and its flora and fauna to visitors.

k.net...