How many days in Hue?

Old October 5th, 2003, 11:03 PM
NYCutler

Default How many days in Hue?

I have about a week in Hue & Hanoi...
How would you spread out your time...?
Is there other cities a couple hour drive from Hue worth seeing?

Thanks!

Old October 6th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Kris

I'd spend the bare minimum in Hue (one or two days) as Hanoi is
waaaaayyyyy more interesting and exciting.

Forget about the DMZ tour that if I remember well leaves from Hue.
It's basically a very long, boring all-day bus trip to see nothing but
some hills and empty feels 'where once the big airbase was'. Bit of a
wast of time that one.

Kris

Old November 21st, 2003, 09:32 PM
SportChick

I don't remember the exact distance, but we spent some time in Hoi An, which
we loved! I know it was South of Hue.

Old November 23rd, 2003, 11:10 PM
Frank

I spent about 5 days in Hue, the old centre of kingdom,
it's a colonial city, too,
with enough to see out of town up river.

A small town on the coast few hours south is an interesting old chinese
port Hoi Ann. A worthwhile stop.