Looking for ideas for families

Old February 28th, 2006, 01:42 AM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

Default Looking for ideas for families

I am trying to organize a group of families and friends to go to an
all-inclusive next spring, 2007. Most of the kids will range in age from
8-16. Everything needs to be included, food, tips, beverages (adult and kid)
all day, some activities. We are looking towards Mexico, Riveria Maya
section preferred, or the Caribbean. We need reasonable rates on resort and
air.
I've read mix reviews about Beaches some of which say your paying for 5 star
and only getting 3 star. Others can't say enough good things.

looking for ideas
Thanks
Old March 2nd, 2006, 01:45 AM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

I have not been, but from the reviews I have read, the Club Med Ixtapa is
one of the best for kids' clubs. See the reviews at:
http://www.debbiescaribbeanresortrev...o/clubmed.html

Old March 4th, 2006, 05:21 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

Having taken my family to Moon Palace, I would certainly recommend it for
families. You can go to other Palace resorts and do bus tours to places
like Tulum through Palace.
LT

Old March 5th, 2006, 05:33 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

How was the pool, beach, food and service at Moon Palace? I know most of us
will not be too concerned with side trips. Going mostly for the beach, pool
and sun. Maybe a day shopping in one of the cities, but you never know. I
know we have been to Tulum two years ago when we stayed at the Palladium.
There was a little shopping area near Tulum with mostly empty stores has
that been built up at all?

Old March 8th, 2006, 02:28 AM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

Beach was so so. Pools were fine, although it turns out that the Jacuzzis
were not heated which was bizarre. We also stayed at the Iberostar Pairaiso
(spelling?) and they did the same thing. Food was fine, buffets were buffets
but with massive choices. The specialty restaurants were pretty good, but
nothing special. The drinks were a nice bonus, the price was right (free)
but each drink was an adventure. I ordered mannnnny long island iced teas,
and each one was different. Nice thing, if ya don't like the drink you put
it down and order something else. Mexican wines and beers are very good! I
enjoyed experimenting with different stuff....

I thought the excursions were a nice add on. The Tulum trip includes a stop
at the Palace-owned water park, Xpu-Ha, which is very cool to have included
free. You can also take the Palace buses to other Palace resorts, there
must be 3 or 4 other in the area.

I wouldn't rate any ONE thing at Moon Palace that highly, but the overall
experience and value would be hard to beat. The kids club was good enough
that we never felt guilty leaving our kids there while we had some quiet
time walking the beach or playing tennis. My kids were 6 and 9 when we went
and they were surprising self-sufficient there. More to do than any dam
cruise and more interesting to me....

LT