Tanzania

Old July 11th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Berit L

Default Tanzania

Hi

We are 2 women going to Tanzania at the end of September, will be spending
approximately 3 weeks there. Want to do the safari bit in the Serengeti and
NgoroNgoro, and finish off with a week or so on Zanzibar. Apart from that we
haven't decided what else to do, and tips are welcome. We have talked about
the possibility of flying over to Namibia, to see the desert....:-)

We need advise and tips on a lot of different things, as this is our first
time in Africa. Some of these things a
* Accomodation, where to stay in Dar, Arusha, Zanzibar
* Safari companies. Have heard good things about Scan-Tan Tours
*Transport between locations
*How much we ought to organize up front, and how much we can just take as it
comes
* Anything you can think of in the way of good advice, recommendations,
things not to miss, and things to avoid, etc.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Berit

Old July 12th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Berit L

I am sorry, haven't done this in a while, so I think I may accidentily have
e-mailed you instead of replying here on the news group....?

Old July 12th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Dave B

Berit L wrote:

[...]

My wife and I are just back from a 2 week holiday. The first spent on
safari in the Serengeti and Ngorongoro and the second spent on Zanzibar.

We booked it though Africa Travel Resource who were very good at
arranging everything for us (www.africatravelresource.com), and the
safari was great!

More importantly though their web site has a host of valuable
information about Tanzania and Zanzibar so it is well worth a visit.

One place I would recommend on Zanzibar is Pongwe Beach hotel. Very
secluded, amazing beach, very nice staff and the food was great.

Have fun organising your holiday!

Cheers

Dave B

Old July 14th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Berit L

Default Tanzania/Thanks

Thanks so much everyone (well, more or less everyone if you know what I
mean) for the input! I really appreciate people taking the time and effort
to share their experiences with us :-)

Berit

Old July 15th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Hans-Georg Michna

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:38:42 +0200, "Berit L"
wrote:

Thanks so much everyone (well, more or less everyone if you know what I
mean) for the input! I really appreciate people taking the time and effort
to share their experiences with us :-)

Berit,

now of course we expect a travel report after you return. ;-)

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.