ISDN in France

Old June 12th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Trevor Appleton

Default ISDN in France

Looking for holiday home in France. Must have ISDN.

Anyone know how to find ISDN (and ADSL) availability in France?

Can't find anything on France Telecom website.

Old June 12th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Mxsmanic

Trevor Appleton writes:

Looking for holiday home in France. Must have ISDN.

Anyone know how to find ISDN (and ADSL) availability in France?

Can't find anything on France Telecom website.

ADSL is available in practically all large urban areas. ISDN is called
RNIS in French, and the France Télécom flavor is called Numéris. It is
more widely available than ADSL geographically but it is falling into
disuse these days. It would be very, very unusual for a holiday home to
have ISDN. ADSL is more likely, if it's near a city, and cable
broadband might also be available. About the only sure thing is that it
will probably have a standard telephone line for dial-up.

Old June 12th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Runge

Not France Telecom, ask the holiday places
Forget about ISDN
ADSL is widely available, but if you intend to stay in a remote village far
from everything...

message de news: ...

Old June 13th, 2005, 01:51 PM
John Owens

"Trevor Appleton" wrote in message
Looking for holiday home in France. Must have ISDN.

Anyone know how to find ISDN (and ADSL) availability in France?

Can't find anything on France Telecom website.

How long for and where?

Upgarde to ADSL may be done for you if the situation is right.

--
John Owens
www.goodviews.co.uk

Old June 14th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Trevor Appleton

I want to buy a place out there but ISDN is ESSENTIAL to dial in UK radio
stations to broadcast.

ADSL is not an option for this.

Old June 14th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Mxsmanic

Trevor Appleton writes:

I want to buy a place out there but ISDN is ESSENTIAL to dial in UK radio
stations to broadcast.

Then it would be best to verify that ISDN is available in the precise
place you have in mind. ISDN can be used in more remote areas than ADSL
but the lines must still be suitable (no load coils, etc.). Only the
phone company can verify this.