Two Questions RE Diamond Princess

Old April 28th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Vlad Drobash

Default Two Questions RE Diamond Princess

Wife and I are booked on Diamond Princess, 11 days, Mexico,
Dec 29, 2004.
Please, can someone suggest a good pre-cruise hotel fairly near to the
pier, and not too far from LAX. ...And where exactly is the Diamond
Princess Pier? I hear conflicting reports - one, it is at Redondo Beach,
the other - in Long Beach, next to the Queen Mary.
Kind regards,
Vladimir

Old April 28th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Diane Giambalvo

Their website is still listing Long Beach as is the brochure. I did hear rumors
of going back to San Pedro but its not confirmed for that sailing.
If you want to be right at the pier in Long Beach there is the Queen Mary
Hotel. Here is a nice one in Long Beach-----
http://longbeach.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

Diane Giambalvo
Travel Consultant
GalaxSea Cruises And Tours
East Brunswick, NJ
1-800-357-9393
http://www.galaxseaeb.com
Old April 29th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Ray Goldenberg

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:02:53 -0400, Vlad Drobash
wrote:

I hear conflicting reports - one, it is at Redondo Beach,
the other - in Long Beach, next to the Queen Mary.

Hi Vladmir,

No need for any conflict. g There is not a cruise terminal in
Redondo Beach. I believe the Diamond Princess is scheduled to sail
from the Long Beach Cruise terminal in December when you sail.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old April 29th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Cal Ford

Your sailing of the Diamond Princess is scheduled for the Long Beach Terminal.
Closest and best is the Queen Mary herself and a precruise night aboard her
really adds to the overall experience in my opinion. There are other hotels
nearby of course, Hyatt, Hilton, Sheraton, and many independents. Have a great
cruise......

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

In article , Vlad Drobash says...

Old April 29th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Vlad Drobash

Thanks to all. There are no vacancies on Queen Mary, but I am sure we
will be ok at Hyatt, Hilton or Sheraton. One of RTC subscribers told me
that Sheraton is only $89.- p/nt ! Princess cruise-plus program:
Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach $109.- 1 night.
Vladimir

Old April 29th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Cal Ford

Keep in mind that Hotels usually quote a "Per Room" rate and operators such as
Cruise Lines quote a "Per Person" rate.

Old April 29th, 2004, 10:11 PM
David Seifert

Some suggestions for Long Beach hotels:

West Coast Hotel - just up Queensway from QM
Westin Long Beach - Long Beach Blvd & Ocean Blvd.
Renaissance Long Beach - Pine Ave & Ocean Blvd.
Hilton Long Beach - World Trade Center - Ocean Blvd & Magnolia
Hyatt Regency Long Beach - Pine Ave and Shoreline Drive

All the above hotels overlook the Queen Mary and/or downtown Long
Beach

The Westin, Hyatt and Hilton are probably the nicest with the
Renaissance nearly as nice. The West Coast has a great location (very
close to the QM) but a step down in terms of luxury.

The Princess pre-cruise hotel in Redondo Beach is very nice but quite
far from the Long Beach Cruise Terminal. The Sheraton is in San Pedro
which is very close to the LA Cruise Terminal but, again, several very
ugly miles from the Long Beach Cruise Terminal.

David