A short visit to the extreme North,Kachin State

Old November 15th, 2003, 04:39 AM

Default A short visit to the extreme North,Kachin State

ITINERARY (2)
A short visit to the extreme North,Kachin State

Day.1 The tour starts after arrival to Yangon with a morning flight . We
will check in a hotel and drive downtown Yangon to visit some interesting
places including the famous Shwedagon Pagoda.

Day.2 In the morning we will fly to Myitkyina with a local flight .
Myitkyina is situated besides Irrawaddy river and is the capital of the
Kachin State . Among many local tribes living in Kachin State which are
Jinghpaw, Rawan, Le-su, La-she, Ma-ru, A-zee, Ka-nan and Kamti-shan ,
Jinghpaw is the predominant tribe in Myitkyina. After checking in the hotel
we still have time to visit downtown Myitkyina. Overnight in a hotel.

Day.3 Today we will visit Myitsone, a place about 30 kilometer from
Myitkyina . It is the origin of Irrawaddy river where two rivers flowing
from the snow-capped mountains namely Mae-Kha and Mae-Li-Kha meet . It is a
lovely and interesting place with much to look around in a relaxed
atmosphere . We will then enjoy lunch with fish barbecue on a raft in the
river.Enroute Myitkyina we will pay an evening visit to Gyo-bon and
Kha-Rein-Naw.

Day.4 Since the flight to Putao is in the afternoon, we can spend the
morning visiting interesting places around Myitkyina. The flight to Putao
will take about 30 minutes. After checking in the hotel the evening is yours
to go downtown Putao and meet the smiling faces of the local tribes , Rawan,
Le-su and Khamti-shan. Putao , formerly known as Fort Hertz is situated in a
very flat and wide valley and is the northernmost district town of Myanmar.
If arrived in a right time you can enjoy the abundance of citrus fruits like
Manderin orange , Pamelo , Grape fruit, Sunkist, and Washington orange.

Day.5 Today we will visit Machanbaw, a small town about 25 kilometers from
Putao . It is situated beside Ma-Li-Kha river which is one of the main
tributaries of the Irrawaddy. We will spend the morning exploring Machanbaw
and have lunch in Gubar Bungalow built on the bank of the river where scenic
view here never fails to impress visitors. We will pay a visit to Mulashedee
village the origin of Christianity in these places, en-route Putao.

Day.6 In the morning we will marvel the views surrounding Putao from the
roof top of the hotel and then go downtown to buy souvenirs from a small
market. After lunch we will fly back directly to Yangon, a flight which will
take a little more than 3 hrs.

Day.7 This last morning is optional . You can either explore Yangon and
visit places missed earlier or go downtown to buy presents and souvenirs.
The tour concludes after taking an evening flight from Yangon.

WATT - Wild Bird Adventure Travels & Tours
#5, Thazin Myaing Lane, Kyankhinsu Ward, Mingalardone Township,
Yangon, Myanmar (Burma) P.O Box 1136
Tel: (95+1) 666-469 Fax: (+95-1) 667- 968, Attn: Dr. Htin Hla
Email: Website: http://www.wa-tt.com