Airport transfer Lanzarote

Old January 13th, 2009, 11:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge13[_2_]

Default martin trying very hard...

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 07:41:19 -0800 (PST), Surreyman

wrote:

On 12 Jan, 16:44, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 16:39:13 GMT, (Jim Ley) wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 16:15:52 +0100, Martin
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:10:27 GMT, (Jim Ley) wrote:
No, then it would be a bag... or something else similarly flimsy and
inapproriate for the protection of bicycles on aircraft.

leave the boxes in left luggage at the airport?

This would be silly, it means having to build the bikes in the middle
of an airport (although some airports such as Nice do provide bike
stands to make that easy) and carry everything in rucksacks on -
repacking carry on / checked bag.

It then also means taking the packing the bikes in the airport for the
return trip, necessitating lots of hassle, and getting to the airport
much earlier than necessary.

You are committed to that as soon as you decide to take your bikes with
you.

The box I used for transporting a bike was the box it was sold in. It
was as
near hassle free as you can get.

Jim.

Why don't you rent bikes when you get there?

Lanzarote is one of the worst places we ever had a holiday.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

Why do you say that? We're currently considering a first visit.

AFAIR I already gave the reasons.

It's mass tourism at it's very worst.
It looks like a steel works slag heap
The food was poor
The weather was worse
We went with a package.
It's one of the few places we have been to where the whole family would
have
gone home after a few days if we could have done.
--

Martin

Old January 15th, 2009, 12:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_112_]

Default "Fly be Air"...

Runge13 wrote:

michaelnewport and his cycles...
Queer weirdo

"Fly by air..."

--
Best
Greg

"Katherine Wiel" a écrit dans le message de
On Jan 12, 2:59 pm, (Jim Ley) wrote:
Hi,

Anyone have any experience of airport transfer from Lanzarote ACE, to
Playa Del Carmen, 2 people, but both with bike boxes, so lots of
luggage space, all the normal airport transfer places seem to want to
charge lots extra for that.

Cheers,

Jim.

why dont u cycle ?