Accra a Ripoff?

Old February 18th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Kees Hoogendijk

Default Accra a Ripoff?

What's the real story on cost of lodging in Accra? Rest of Ghana?

If you are not looking for international chains and standard american style
rooms I can recommend Chez Lien Hotel in OSU, Accra, phone +233 (0)21
775356. (it is not near the airport, as is stated on sites like
http://www.akwaabacitylimits.com/business/hotels.asp)

It is a very nice guest house, owned by a vietnamese/french lady, within
walking distance of Danquah Square (with some western style restaurants and
shops), has good vietnamese/french restaurant and if I remember well, rooms
were about 30-40 euros.
I bet you can even book through mail: chezlien at ighmail.com

Stayed there acouple of times and will do so next time; they might even pick
you up from the airport (if that is right, I would like to have that
confirmed from you :-))

I can recommend similar places in Kumasi, Tamale and Cape Coast

Kees Hoogendijk
www.smartkidsweb.nl