Manila airport hotel

Old May 25th, 2005, 02:34 PM
pefter

Default Manila airport hotel

I wonder whether there is hotel accomodation at, or
nearby NAIA Manila.

I also wonder whether the new international terminal
has opened by now.

thanks
P.Eftevik

Old May 25th, 2005, 08:27 PM
apaasman

"pefter" schreef in bericht
ups.com...
I wonder whether there is hotel accomodation at, or
nearby NAIA Manila.

I also wonder whether the new international terminal
has opened by now.

thanks
P.Eftevik

Dear Eftevik (or can I write Beste Efterik, cause I presume you are Dutch)

Recommended:
Airport Hotel about 2 minutes from AP
Heritage Hotel " 7 " (drive!) from Airport
Hyatt Regency " " " " " "

Roomrates al about the same. Bookings to make with travelagencies
cheaper than direct Hotel. You can find a lot of these agencies with
Google. Enter " Manila Accommodatiom"
Heritage and Hyatt have (paid !) Aiport Transportation .

Old May 25th, 2005, 09:17 PM
punk-tilous

"pefter" wrote in message
ups.com...
I wonder whether there is hotel accomodation at, or
nearby NAIA Manila.

I also wonder whether the new international terminal
has opened by now.

thanks
P.Eftevik

First of all, I'm not sure why you would want to stay near NAIA. The last
time I checked, I don't think there is a hotel right on the airport.
However, Roxas Blvd, overlooks Manila Bay and Makati, the financial
district, is not too far away. I'm sure if you use your favorite search
engine like google, you will find many hotels within 5 to 10 miles of NAIA.
Come to think to of it, that horrendous Manila traffic would make you want
to make you wish you were right beside the airport.

Old May 26th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Chris Blunt

On Wed, 25 May 2005 20:17:47 GMT, "punk-tilous"
wrote:

"pefter" wrote in message
oups.com...
I wonder whether there is hotel accomodation at, or
nearby NAIA Manila.

I also wonder whether the new international terminal
has opened by now.

thanks
P.Eftevik

First of all, I'm not sure why you would want to stay near NAIA. The last
time I checked, I don't think there is a hotel right on the airport.
However, Roxas Blvd, overlooks Manila Bay and Makati, the financial
district, is not too far away. I'm sure if you use your favorite search
engine like google, you will find many hotels within 5 to 10 miles of NAIA.
Come to think to of it, that horrendous Manila traffic would make you want
to make you wish you were right beside the airport.

I agree with you about not wanting to stay near the airport. The only
reason for doing that I can think of is if someone has a late arriving
flight with an early departure the next day.

I'm surprised Boracay Bill hasn't been along yet to suggest his
Townhouse, which is close to NAIA, so I'll post the link for him. (You
owe me a beer now, Bill !)

http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/townho...ila/index.html

This place is in no way comparable to the Hyatt, but should be fine if
you want fairly basic accommodation.

Chris

Old May 26th, 2005, 07:24 AM
pefter

I'll just be in transfer (to Tagbilaran) at NAIA.

Another question: how does the code share between KLM and Philippine
Airlines work (i.e. who operates on which days (AMS-MNL)) ?
didn't find anything on klm.com.
The issue is: if I fly AMS-MNL-TAG with PA, maybe I don't have to
worry
too much about delayed arrival at MNL coz PA will be obliged to get me
my final destination ... (?)

And what about the brand new terminal ?

PEftevik (Scandinavian, not Dutch ;-)

Old May 26th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Chris Blunt

On 25 May 2005 23:24:22 -0700, "pefter" wrote:

And what about the brand new terminal ?

Its still not open.

The government seized control of the terminal at the end of last year
and vowed to have it operational by this June. I'll believe it when I
see it.

Chris

Old May 26th, 2005, 11:36 PM
punk-tilous

"Chris Blunt" wrote in message
On 25 May 2005 23:24:22 -0700, "pefter" wrote:

And what about the brand new terminal ?

Its still not open.

The government seized control of the terminal at the end of last year
and vowed to have it operational by this June. I'll believe it when I
see it.

Chris

Actually, the latest goal is to open NAIA-3 by Christmas. The construction
has been plagued by controversy relating to contracts that were supposedly
granted illegally. Anomalies like these are just par for the course in the
PI. Here is an article from the Inquirer

http://money.inq7.net/topstories/vie...5&dd=20&file=4

Old June 1st, 2005, 03:32 AM
Boracay Bill

I agree with Chris about the Town house, but that's owned by the other
Bill, not by me.

Catch me at Nigi's sometime and I'll buy you that beer, Chris.

Old November 10th, 2009, 06:03 PM
dacoda dacoda is offline
Member

Yes I recommend Hyatt Regency Hotel because it is within minutes of the business and commercial districts of Manila and Makati and close to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, World Trade Centre, Philippine International Convention Centre and Cultural Centre.
I agree. I found this site http://travelbooth-asia.com/ you can view the hotel information and have your booking.