Snowstorm

Old February 27th, 2010, 01:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Default Snowstorm

On 2/26/2010 6:07 PM, Sue Mullen wrote:

Jeff, at least up your way they have the equipement and know how to
clear the roads. Here in my small town in South Jersey, they have no
clue and don't have the equipement needed for a 20 inch storm. At least
this storm wasn't bad, maybe 6 inches most.

My son is going to school at the University of Delaware and they don't
know how to handle the snow in that town (Newark), either. He said the
school was using construction equipment to clear the snow. And to think,
he figured he wouldn't have snow problems when he chose to go to UD
instead of a school in upstate New York!

Bill
Old February 27th, 2010, 05:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Bill wrote:
On 2/26/2010 6:07 PM, Sue Mullen wrote:

Jeff, at least up your way they have the equipement and know how to
clear the roads. Here in my small town in South Jersey, they have no
clue and don't have the equipement needed for a 20 inch storm. At least
this storm wasn't bad, maybe 6 inches most.

My son is going to school at the University of Delaware and they don't
know how to handle the snow in that town (Newark), either. He said the
school was using construction equipment to clear the snow. And to think,
he figured he wouldn't have snow problems when he chose to go to UD
instead of a school in upstate New York!

My daughter is a UD grad, mechanical engineering 1990, great school!!

My son started college in D.C. and when there was a drop of snow, he and
some of his friends would stand on the sidewalk watching the cars
skidding and not knowing how to handle snow. They had such fun watching.lol

sue
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Jeff Gersten wrote:
(Sue Mullen) wrote:

Jeff Gersten wrote:

(Surfer E2468) wrote:

JEFF:
We are also digging our car out,where are
you located?

We are in the Catskill mountains northwest of
NY City. We got approximately 9 inches
earlier this week of wet heavy snow. I'm
estimating we got about two feet more.
Luckily, this was the light fluffy variety of
snow. And with snow drifts, the cars were
almost buried.

Jeff, at least up your way they have the
equipement and know how to clear the roads.
Here in my small town in South Jersey, they
have no clue and don't have the equipement
needed for a 20 inch storm. At least this storm
wasn't bad, maybe 6 inches most.

My wife heard on Channel 7 news that Kiamesha Lake (maybe 5 miles give
or take away from us) got 38 inches! No one handles 38 inches! I agree
we are equipped to handle snow better than you guys, but that quantity
overwhelms us too. In fact our county was in a state of emergency the
last few days declared by the county authorities.

And you are warmer than us, so your snow melts well before ours.

I heard on the radio about the 38 inches upstate NY. That is what I used
to hear about from Buffalo, Watertown, but for anyone it is way too much.

sue
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
June[_2_]

True. My brother lives in Lewes DE and they were just done in there with all
the snow they got. The "road crews" such as they were didn't know where to
PUT the snow they took off the roads. Here the plow truck dumps it into a
big dump truck which when full drives off somewhere prepared to take huge
piles of snow. But this is Michigan, and we were used to it. They aren't in
Delaware.

Old February 27th, 2010, 10:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Sue Mullen wrote:
Jeff, at least up your way they have the equipement and know how to
clear the roads. Here in my small town in South Jersey, they have no
clue and don't have the equipement needed for a 20 inch storm. At
least this storm wasn't bad, maybe 6 inches most.

sue

Sue, I have no way of knowing if this is true, but I heard that all that
snow in New Jersey is God's punishment for MTV's Jersey Shore. ;-)

Becca
Old February 27th, 2010, 10:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Not looking forward to sailing with the decks full of snow,do not care
if it is cold,but please NO SNOW,and was wondering how we will make out
with their parking lot,they say it is not covered,but how can they clear
the snow with all the cars parked there?

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old February 27th, 2010, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

SUE:
Our small town did a great job on clearing the snow from the streets,it
is the dopes that do not clear their sidewalks that annoy me,and i do
not mean the handicapped,or elderly. You can call
our town manager and he will have help to those who need it. the ones I
mean like my next door neighbor who is only 27 and never shovels a
path,but yet sits outside on his cell phone and smokes up a storm. and
plays around with a snow blower that he never uses. If my husband who
is 82 can shovel the snow ,he should be able to also,he is not sick or
unable he is very healthy.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old February 27th, 2010, 11:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Do you think god is trying to send us a message,all this snow,fires in
california,floods,earthquakes,and now a tidal wave supposed to hit
hawaii,and cause damage all the way to japan.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..