fleet standards

Old December 12th, 2011, 07:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Default fleet standards

Janet

On RCCL Voyager class and radiance class ships also have diamond
lounges, Diamond+ can also use the concierge lounge on any ship.

Gadget

Old December 14th, 2011, 03:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 12/12/2011 12:18 PM, Gadget World wrote:
Janet

On RCCL Voyager class and radiance class ships also have diamond
lounges, Diamond+ can also use the concierge lounge on any ship.

Gadget

I was last on a Voyager class ship in January. Voyager of the Seas.
There is a concierge lounge, but no dedicated Diamond lounge. The
Diamond "event" was held in the card room. As far as I know, only The
two giants and the Freedom class ships have dedicated Diamond lounges
where they serve cocktails. The Voyager and smaller ships have a room
and they don't have cocktails.

I'm contemplating a b2b on Jewel of the Seas in 2013. It would be lovely
if there was a dedicated Diamond Lounge with cocktails, but as far as I
know, there is none.

I'll be cruising on Celebrity Infinity early next year and again on
Century in April. I know that I'll get cocktails on those ships as the
perks for Celebrity Elite trump Royal's Diamond.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old December 14th, 2011, 03:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

I was on a B2B on the Allure in October and we did not have a dedicated
Diamond lounge but had to change lounges on the 2nd leg. They did serve
cocktails.

The Diamond Host, Dexter Fraser, was exceptional. The waitress, Karen,
was the best we have ever had on any ship.
The only problem was the size of the lounges. Small for the number of
Diamond passengers.

The Captain's reception was held in the theatre. Not a very good venue
for a reception, but I guess it was the only place available for so many
past passengers.

I agree that the Elite perks on Celebrity are better than Diamond on RC
ships. But every ship is different and I, personaly, enjoy those
differences.

~~Doris~~

Old December 14th, 2011, 04:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Not only is every ship different, but every cruise is also different.

On RCCL Diamond + is welcome at the concierge Club, and they do open
another room for spill-over traffic.

The problem with the success of the program is when everyone is VIP no
one is VIP!

Celebrity opens a public lounge on a high deck level to their Elite with
beverages and snacks served. On my last Celebrity cruise they had a
very attractive French waitress in this lounge who refused to refill my
glass of wine, saying that I already had one glass!

It's a lot easier to build sister ships to look the same then it is to
make the crew act the same.

I Although I believe that people are all different and serve the
customer in their own way, I also believe that the attitude of the staff
is highly influenced by their management for good or bad.

Gadget

Old December 14th, 2011, 05:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Doris, they do have a deducted Diamond Lounge on Allure on deck 6, with a
specialty coffee machine and continental breakfast but the cocktail social
hours are done in one of the other lounges because there are too many
Diamond members on Allure to have it in the Diamond Lounge. Last week on
Allure it was in the Blaze night club.

As far as the Voyager class ships, Janet is correct, no Diamond Lounge.
They have the social hour in one of the card rooms with wine, not hard
drinks. On the Voyager class ships they have a Diamond area in the dining
room at breakfast and Diamond members can order a complimentary specialty
coffee.

--
Charles
Old December 14th, 2011, 08:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 12/14/2011 10:07 AM, Charles wrote:
Doris, they do have a deducted Diamond Lounge on Allure on deck 6, with a
specialty coffee machine and continental breakfast but the cocktail social
hours are done in one of the other lounges because there are too many
Diamond members on Allure to have it in the Diamond Lounge. Last week on
Allure it was in the Blaze night club.

As far as the Voyager class ships, Janet is correct, no Diamond Lounge.
They have the social hour in one of the card rooms with wine, not hard
drinks. On the Voyager class ships they have a Diamond area in the dining
room at breakfast and Diamond members can order a complimentary specialty
coffee.

I'm going to miss that Diamond breakfast on Celebrity. Theirs is only a
Continental, not a full breakfast.

Old December 14th, 2011, 10:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Janet Wilder wrote:

I'm going to miss that Diamond breakfast on Celebrity. Theirs is only a
Continental, not a full breakfast.

On Allure though they only have a continental breakfast in the Diamond
Club. Diamond Plus and suites get a full breakfast and lunch in the
concierge lounge.

On Celebrity I go Michaels Club before breakfast since they do have fresh
squeezed orange juice and specialty coffee. On my last Celebrity cruise the
specialty coffee was not from an automatic machine. It was made to order by
the attendant.

--
Charles
Old December 15th, 2011, 03:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 12/14/2011 3:47 PM, Charles wrote:
Janet wrote:

I'm going to miss that Diamond breakfast on Celebrity. Theirs is only a
Continental, not a full breakfast.

On Allure though they only have a continental breakfast in the Diamond
Club. Diamond Plus and suites get a full breakfast and lunch in the
concierge lounge.

On Celebrity I go Michaels Club before breakfast since they do have fresh
squeezed orange juice and specialty coffee. On my last Celebrity cruise the
specialty coffee was not from an automatic machine. It was made to order by
the attendant.

I don't drink orange juice. I like my made to order omelet served to me
at a table so that I don't have to wait in a line like at the buffet. I
like espresso coffee. I'd rather have the coffee with the omelet than
having to get my coffee first then go to the dining room for my omelet.

I'm just a picky old broad, but RCI's Diamond breakfast suits me better
than Michael's Club on Celebrity.

Old December 15th, 2011, 04:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

I guess Sophie underestimated, just how spoiled this group is.

Although I am Pinnacle, and book a suite I still eat breakfast in the
dining room and sit at a regular table. I like my hot items hot and the
choice of buffet and al la carte is great.

Variety and choice is what it's all about in making thousands of people
from dozens of places happy.

Gadget

Old December 15th, 2011, 04:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Janet Wilder wrote:

I don't drink orange juice. I like my made to order omelet served to me
at a table so that I don't have to wait in a line like at the buffet. I
like espresso coffee. I'd rather have the coffee with the omelet than
having to get my coffee first then go to the dining room for my omelet.

I'm just a picky old broad, but RCI's Diamond breakfast suits me better
than Michael's Club on Celebrity.

Or you could be on Holland America and order an expresso coffees in the
dining room with all meals. This week I am on Nieuw Amsterdam and they
still don't charge for expresso coffees.

Sitting on Orient Beach now using the free WiFi at the Bikini Beach bar.
Sunny but windy and rough surf.

--
Charles