Fodor's blog post on cruise ship food

Old June 22nd, 2010, 02:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Default Fodor's blog post on cruise ship food

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 22:59:02 -0700 (PDT), D Ball wrote:

Hi, all, I am looking forward to trying a few more lines,

Cocaine is NOT allowed in RTC, Diana.

so I can jump into these discussions.
Tonight, my husband and I were 180 degrees
apart on a dish....

Neither is bisexualism, Diana so no more posts about this dish and any
acts of fornication that you and your awful husband might perform.

--
sue
Old June 22nd, 2010, 03:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_4_]

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:52:57 -0400, Sue Mullen wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 22:59:02 -0700 (PDT), D Ball wrote:

Hi, all, I am looking forward to trying a few more lines,

Cocaine is NOT allowed in RTC, Diana.

so I can jump into these discussions.
Tonight, my husband and I were 180 degrees
apart on a dish....

Neither is bisexualism, Diana so no more posts about this dish and any
acts of fornication that you and your awful husband might perform.

Excellent post, Sue! Thanks also for the email with the pictures of
you and Kevin humping that chimp! I warn you now not to steal or
sell government secrets or you *will* pay the price of having your
arse violated rudely by our covertly trained, butt-****ing pony.

--Jean
Old June 23rd, 2010, 06:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 00:06:13 -0500, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

I was disappointed in the comment on Oceania food as I think that line has
very good, fresh and well prepared food. They also have the largest variety
of fresh fruits that I have ever seen on any cruise line.

--Jean

Fresh fruits? I'm not touching *that* comment.
--
http://tr.im/1fa3
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Bill :

On 6/17/2010 6:47 PM, Mark (SF) wrote:
On Jun 17, 10:55 am, D wrote:
http://www.fodors.com/news/story_4056.html

Good overview of a very subjective aspect of the cruise experience.

Diana Ball
Austin, TX

Thanks Diana!
I enjoyed that. (However, is MSC really considered Premium?)

Mark

Similar question for Princess. And it's strange that he complains that
"the menus seemed to be planned to within an inch of their lives". What
would they expect? Everything is meticulously planned so they know they
have enough for the entire length of the cruise, based on past passenger
ordering. They can't start doing stuff on the fly and running out of
some ingredients before the end of the cruise (although I guess they do
sometimes with some fruits, but presumably those are not used for
ingredients in dishes).

Any restaurant will plan its menus "to within an inch of their lives"

Talk about a ****ed off group. We walked in at 8:30 only to find out
that a restaurant here in Austin (Finn & Porter) wa out of their
feature dish! Eight of us.

And it's not like a land restaurant where they can run down to the
grocery store and at least get some second rate product.

Interesting article, however.

Bill

--

- dillon I am not invalid