4 hour layover in Denver

Old November 5th, 2004, 05:52 AM
TNSAF

Dennis McClendon wrote:
TNSAF wrote:

I appreciate the replies... I guess I will just find an AC outlet
and get some work done on the laptop...

On the mezzanine level of one of the terminals (sorry I can't remember
which), Qwest has a special area set up to welcome road warriors. Quiet
cubicles to set up your laptop and free surfing (I think).

Of course, I didn't find it until after I'd spent an hour typing away
on a cafe table.

Great tip... Thanks!

Old November 5th, 2004, 03:52 PM
TCS

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 18:13:46 GMT, TNSAF wrote:
I will be flying domestically within the US with a rather lengthy layover in
Denver. Is there anything touristy worth checking out close enough to the
airport to do in the few hours I have?

Get some reading material.

There's nothing at the airport and nothing with 40 minutes of the airport.

You could take a bus downtown, but you'd only have about 30 minutes to spend
there. 5-60 minutes to wait for the bus, let say 30. 45 minutes to downtown
and 45 minutes back. That's 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Add 70 minutes to check back,
go through security and have 15 minutes to board. Now we're at 3:10 to 3:40.
Or spend $130 on taxi fairs, and get the spine-tingling sensation of riding a
taxi when the driver has spend less than a year driving during his entire
life. Denver taxi's are the worst. 17 year old teenagers are better drivers.

I'd rather spend 3 hours reading then 3 hours on traveling, in security lines,
etc.

Old November 5th, 2004, 03:56 PM
TCS

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 02:18:05 GMT, Service Tech wrote:

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
Service Tech wrote:

Agreed - Denver has to be one of the worst in the US to get through
security. I've been there a few times, and have never spent less than 1
hour in the security line. One time last year it took 2 1/2. The lines
snaked through the baggage claim area, and then outside side.

I flew to Denver 9/11/02 from Buffalo. I allowed lots and lots of time to

get
across the border and go through security because of the anniversary date.
Security was no more than I had experienced over 30 years of flying from
Canadian and European airports. I had no problem with security at Denver

when
I flew out 6 days later.

You definately had a good day. The Ski season is unbelievable.

I have to admit to having found the non profile spot
checks amusing. That was less than a month after a friend flying up from

SC ws
pulled out of line for a spot check, a 35 year old woman traveling with

her two
sons, hardly the profile for a terrorist.

The TSA Goobers have no idea what they're looking for. Some put on a good
show though. The 2 boys may have been "mini terrorists" They pop the
pilots
knee caps to get control. Then Mom takes over the plane & fly's it into
a Wal Mart.

Their screeners are more interested in looking for stuff to steal.
For every suspicious item they find, they find 10,000 items to steal.

Use cable ties to lock your luggage; it won't "lock" the luggage but will let
you know if TSA has been through them so you can count your belongings.
Old November 5th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Service Tech

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
Service Tech wrote:

[...]

So far I've had nothing missing. My problem is damage. They can't replace
my test equipment as it was packed. Then when the baggage handlers throw my
case (70 lbs.) CRUNCH !!!