All inclusive cruise

Old June 29th, 2010, 11:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default All inclusive cruise

I found out about the all inclusive cruise,it is not from Delaware,it is
from Baltimore on the Carnival Pride in Feb.2011. it is for the FOP
union, cost is $595.00 plus anyone over 21 add an additional $280.00 for
a 7 day cruise to cape canaveral, and 2 other islands. That includes
all drinks,taxes,and fees. But nothing is said about tips.
We will not book it since we do not drink enough to merit $280,00 per
person for a 7 day cruise,and you will have 2 days of cold sailing going
and 1and 1/2 returning. Would not be able to be outside on the deck.
surfer e2468

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old July 1st, 2010, 04:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nanzi

On Jun 29, 6:00*pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:
I found out about the all inclusive cruise,it is not from Delaware,it is
from Baltimore on the Carnival Pride in Feb.2011. it is for the FOP
union, cost is $595.00 plus anyone over 21 add an additional $280.00 for
a 7 day cruise to cape canaveral, and 2 other islands. *That includes
all drinks,taxes,and fees. But nothing is said about tips.
We will not book it since we do not drink enough to merit $280,00 per
person for a 7 day cruise,and you will have 2 days of cold sailing going
and 1and 1/2 returning. Would not be able to be outside on the deck.
surfer e2468

* * * * * cruise lover(~~~~~)

.

We tried to find criuses from Baltimore, but didn't book any due to
loss of days in the pool & sun also. It would be so nice to go to
Baltimore, park the car, at a hotel and get on the ship. Sigh, no
planes, no TSA crap(I have a SS knee that always sets off alarms and
have to go thru the body pat down and scan. Not horrible, just a pita,
another slow down to ultimate destination).
And for us a summer cruise isn't practical, we have a beautiful pool
and lovely yard that back the woods and provides us beautiful birds n
critters to enjoy. Crazy to leave that. Pool is over 80, perfect, why
leave???
Thanks for the info. Nan in DE
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:50:56 -0700 (PDT), Nanzi wrote:

(I have a stainless steel knee that always sets off alarms and
have to go thru the body pat down and scan.

Joint replacement patients, and there are millions of them, are given
data cards which can be given to the TSA prior to a wand or full body
scan. Won't make much difference, the TSA is going to stop you the
large majority of time, pull you out of line.

Never less, present your data card prior to setting off an alarm to at
least keep from ****ing them off that you didn't.
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services
www.cruisequick.com - able to offer some of the lowest prices and best
Old July 1st, 2010, 06:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

We did a January cruise on Celebrity. There were two sea days each
way, and you are in the Gulf Stream so the weather is fairly warm. You
might not want to sit out on the first day, but by the second day some
people are in the pool. I went swimming on the first sea day coming
back - the weather was quite nice.
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

NAN:We also have a beautiful back yard and is a sanctuary for all kinds
of critters, we usually cruise in late fall and winter,but since they
have made flying such a PITA we now cruise from ports near us,but we are
limited because from where we are it is usually 2 days cold going and 2
days cold returning,and we do not go on a cruise to stay inside on the
ship,we prefer sitting outdoors on deck.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old July 11th, 2010, 04:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Ari Silverstein :

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:50:56 -0700 (PDT), Nanzi wrote:

(I have a stainless steel knee that always sets off alarms and
have to go thru the body pat down and scan.

Joint replacement patients, and there are millions of them, are given
data cards which can be given to the TSA prior to a wand or full body
scan. Won't make much difference, the TSA is going to stop you the
large majority of time, pull you out of line.

Never less, present your data card prior to setting off an alarm to at
least keep from ****ing them off that you didn't.

The TSA will soon be issuing "unforgeable" documents to people with
documentable metalic devices, but you'll still get wanded. If you
have a "magentic sensitive medical device", such as a pacer or an
electronic pain stabilizer, you can ask for a pat down and walk around
the metal detector. There was an incident in 2007 or 2008 where an
agent forced (as in pushed) a passenger through a detector. Passenger
experienced atrial (I think) fibrilation and died (an AED won't work
with a pacer).
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Toby (Tri-Umph That's the Sweet Truth)
March 1998 - June 2010
What a dog. What a dog!

Old July 11th, 2010, 02:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 22:35:45 -0500, Dillon Pyron wrote:

[Default] Thus spake Ari Silverstein :

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:50:56 -0700 (PDT), Nanzi wrote:

(I have a stainless steel knee that always sets off alarms and
have to go thru the body pat down and scan.

Joint replacement patients, and there are millions of them, are given
data cards which can be given to the TSA prior to a wand or full body
scan. Won't make much difference, the TSA is going to stop you the
large majority of time, pull you out of line.

Never less, present your data card prior to setting off an alarm to at
least keep from ****ing them off that you didn't.

The TSA will soon be issuing "unforgeable" documents to people with
documentable metalic devices,

I missed that.

but you'll still get wanded. If you have a "magentic sensitive
medical device", such as a pacer or an electronic pain stabilizer,
you can ask for a pat down and walk around the metal detector.
There was an incident in 2007 or 2008 where an agent forced (as in
pushed) a passenger through a detector. Passenger experienced
atrial (I think) fibrilation and died (an AED won't work with a
pacer).

The airport terminal inspection crews aren't the brightest folks. The
job description doesn't attract intellect.
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services
Sign up for special email deals @ www.CruiseQuick.com - able to offer
Old July 13th, 2010, 02:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
GV

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
SNIP

The TSA will soon be issuing "unforgeable" documents to people with
documentable metalic devices, but you'll still get wanded. If you
have a "magentic sensitive medical device", such as a pacer or an
electronic pain stabilizer, you can ask for a pat down and walk around
the metal detector. There was an incident in 2007 or 2008 where an
agent forced (as in pushed) a passenger through a detector. Passenger
experienced atrial (I think) fibrilation and died (an AED won't work
with a pacer).
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Toby (Tri-Umph That's the Sweet Truth)
March 1998 - June 2010
What a dog. What a dog!

Can you provide a citation for this, please? I've done online searches but
can't find any reference to this really happening.

Old July 13th, 2010, 01:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Medical devices and the TSA was All inclusive cruise

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:44:35 -0500, "GV" wrote:

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
.. .
SNIP

The TSA will soon be issuing "unforgeable" documents to people with
documentable metalic devices, but you'll still get wanded. If you
have a "magentic sensitive medical device", such as a pacer or an
electronic pain stabilizer, you can ask for a pat down and walk around
the metal detector. There was an incident in 2007 or 2008 where an
agent forced (as in pushed) a passenger through a detector. Passenger
experienced atrial (I think) fibrilation and died (an AED won't work
with a pacer).
--

Can you provide a citation for this, please? I've done online searches but
can't find any reference to this really happening.

Almost every time I go to the screening in a wheelchair I tell them
that I can walk through. Recently, they have been asking me if I have
any medical devices, by which I suppose they mean pacemakers. I have
been thinking of telling them that so far they've only removed things
and haven't put any back. (gall bladder and melanomas).

The screening if I do NOT walk through as happened the last time in
Kona was WAY more difficult than it needed to be. Not only did I have
to stand for a long time, but I also had to have my arms up which
makes standing much more difficult for me.
Old July 14th, 2010, 07:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[...]

I didn't say this and will deny I ever did and will claim that some
hopeless troll forged this post, but many TSA agents didn't cut it as
mall cops.