Western Caribbean Shore Tour Advice Needed

Old July 5th, 2010, 07:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
xCo

Default Western Caribbean Shore Tour Advice Needed

Looking for advice on Western Caribbean shore tours for August. This is
what I'm considering so far but cant decide on the Costa Maya Tour. Any
advice or recommendation appreciated

Labadee Haiti - Discover Haiti Coastal Cruise
Costa Maya Chacchoben Mayan Ruins or Kohunlilch Mayan Ruins
Cozumel Tulum Mayan Ruins Express

Thanks

Old July 5th, 2010, 08:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 7/5/2010 2:15 AM, xCo wrote:
Looking for advice on Western Caribbean shore tours for August. This is
what I'm considering so far but cant decide on the Costa Maya Tour. Any
advice or recommendation appreciated

Labadee Haiti - Discover Haiti Coastal Cruise
Costa Maya Chacchoben Mayan Ruins or Kohunlilch Mayan Ruins
Cozumel Tulum Mayan Ruins Express

Thanks

I can't speak for Mexico but in Labadee I'd suggest staying at the
beach, maybe do some stuff there if you want (although they are all
overpriced since it's owned and run by RCI).

Bill
Old July 5th, 2010, 12:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 03:34:48 -0400, Bill wrote:

On 7/5/2010 2:15 AM, xCo wrote:
Looking for advice on Western Caribbean shore tours for August. This is
what I'm considering so far but cant decide on the Costa Maya Tour. Any
advice or recommendation appreciated

Labadee Haiti - Discover Haiti Coastal Cruise
Costa Maya Chacchoben Mayan Ruins or Kohunlilch Mayan Ruins
Cozumel Tulum Mayan Ruins Express

Thanks

I can't speak for Mexico but in Labadee I'd suggest staying at the
beach, maybe do some stuff there if you want (although they are all
overpriced since it's owned and run by RCI).

Bill

If it is your first stop like it often is when taking the WC, then go
to the far end of the island and grab a hammock...and take a snooze.
Good timing for this sent you just went through the hell of
embarkation.lol
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services
www.cruisequick.com - able to offer some of the lowest prices and best
Old July 5th, 2010, 01:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 16:15:44 +1000, "xCo" wrote:

Looking for advice on Western Caribbean shore tours for August. This is
what I'm considering so far but cant decide on the Costa Maya Tour. Any
advice or recommendation appreciated

Labadee Haiti - Discover Haiti Coastal Cruise
Costa Maya Chacchoben Mayan Ruins or Kohunlilch Mayan Ruins
Cozumel Tulum Mayan Ruins Express

I do not know about Haiti or Costa Maya, and I have not taken the
Tulum tour, but I have heard that it is a long day and apt to be hot.
I haven't been there in August, but it is sufficiently hot in January
that (for myself) I would be wary of doing that tour in August. There
is also the problem of hurricanes at that time of year.

The tour I liked best was an eco-tour which we took on Christmas day.
We went down to the south end of the island, snorkeled, visited the
lighthouse, went to the croc sanctuary and saw a very very small Mayan
temple.
Old July 5th, 2010, 03:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_5_]

xCo wrote:
Looking for advice on Western Caribbean shore tours for August. This is
what I'm considering so far but cant decide on the Costa Maya Tour. Any
advice or recommendation appreciated

Labadee Haiti - Discover Haiti Coastal Cruise
Costa Maya Chacchoben Mayan Ruins or Kohunlilch Mayan Ruins
Cozumel Tulum Mayan Ruins Express

Thanks

I loved the ruins in Costa Maya for two reasons. One I
wanted to see them, and MAINLY for these tour Guides: Ivan
and David at http://www.thenativechoice.com/

The actually grew up ON the ruins, and give a perspective no
one else can.

Clay
Old July 5th, 2010, 04:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

xCo wrote:

Costa Maya Chacchoben Mayan Ruins or Kohunlilch Mayan Ruins
Cozumel Tulum Mayan Ruins Express

All of these Mayan Ruins are worth seeing. Don't know how long the
excursions are in Costa Maya, but the one to Tulum is going to be a very
long day. I would def. do Tulum and then pick between the Costa Maya
ruins based on the schedulee, giving yourself sime to rest betwwen Costa
Maya and Tulum. In aughst it is going to be very hot!!

sue
Old July 5th, 2010, 04:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Jeff Gersten wrote:

I don't know about the others, but when we did Tulum, we did a combined
tour of the ruins and swimming afterwards. It was in August, and after a
long hot day at the ruins, beach time was very welcome.

Jeff, we did Tulum a long time ago and our tour from the ship included
swimming with the fish after Tulem. It was one of our early cruises,
very long ago, but if that type of combination is still available I
would go for it.

sue
Old July 5th, 2010, 06:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

"xCo" wrote:
Looking for advice on Western Caribbean shore tours for August. This
is
what I'm considering so far but cant decide on the Costa Maya Tour.
Any
advice or recommendation appreciated

Labadee Haiti - Discover Haiti Coastal Cruise
Costa Maya Chacchoben Mayan Ruins or Kohunlilch Mayan Ruins
Cozumel Tulum Mayan Ruins Express

Unless you are really into Mayan ruins you may not want to do ruins at
both ports. I would do the beach at one of these. Since Coz is on a lot
more itineraries than Costa Maya I would likely pick the Chacchoben
ruins over Tulum because there are fewer opportunities. Oasis is only
stopping there temporarily because Falmouth is not ready. Tulum is
pretty good, a unique site but be aware it is a long excursion as it
requires a ferry from the island to the mainland and then a long bus
ride there and back.

Labadee I usually just do as a beach day.

--
Charles
Old July 5th, 2010, 06:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 11:54:25 -0400, Sue Mullen wrote:

Jeff Gersten wrote:

I don't know about the others, but when we did Tulum, we did a combined
tour of the ruins and swimming afterwards. It was in August, and after a
long hot day at the ruins, beach time was very welcome.

Jeff, we did Tulum a long time ago

A long time ago, eh?

and our tour from the ship included
swimming with the fish after Tulem.

Did they takeover?lol

It was one of our early cruises,
very long ago,

A /very/ long time ago, eh?

but if that type of combination is still available I
would go for it.

sue

"Doing" Tulum and swimming with the rebel fish, now that is a full
day, sue.