NCL Teams With Famed Second City!

Old January 18th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default NCL Teams With Famed Second City!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Norwegian Cruise Lines and thought
it would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

NCL Announces Partnership With Famed Second City Troupe

Norwegian Dawn is First Cruise Ship to Feature Renowned
Improvisational Ensemble

MIAMI, Jan. 18
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) today announced its exclusive partnership
with the famed sketch and improvisation troupe, The Second City.
Debuting this month, six performers from the storied comedy empire
will quip, sing and laugh their way through a special customized
comedy revue aboard Norwegian Dawn on each of her roundtrip sailings
from New York City.

Performing an inventive and hilarious medley of satirical skits,
songs, and improvisation, The Second City is always original, daring,
and wildly entertaining. A world-class comedic troupe, The Second City
has long been recognized as incubator for celebrities and is famous
for encouraging the talents of many great performers, including: Bill
Murray, Bonnie Hunt, Chris Farley, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jeremy Piven,
George Wendt, Mike Myers, Gilda Radner, John Belushi, Tim Meadows and
Tina Fey.

"There's nothing better than a great laugh -- especially while on
vacation -- which is why we're proud to be the first cruise line to
offer such high-level comedic performances aboard one of our ships,"
said Colin Veitch, NCL's president and CEO. "In addition to great
restaurants, amenities, itineraries, shore excursions and
accommodations, we also want to offer our passengers the best and most
creative entertainment options possible. This partnership helps us do
just that."

"The Second City has spent 45 years entertaining audiences from
Chicago to Toronto, Las Vegas to London, Bahrain to Baghdad. It only
seems fitting that in our anniversary year we would be provided the
opportunity to extend our comic reach to the seas," said Kelly
Leonard, Vice President of The Second City. "We are thrilled to
partner with Norwegian Cruise Line -- their dedication to excellence
sets a standard we are proud to meet."

In addition to performing one night each sailing, The Second City
ensemble will introduce the art and philosophy of improvisation to
Norwegian Dawn passengers by hosting onboard workshops. Drawing on The
Second City's history of ensemble improvisation, satire and revue
comedy, these workshops will be dedicated to exploring passengers'
artistic voices and providing the tools and techniques needed to
express those voices.

"The Second City troupe will also offer children's workshops through
NCL's popular Kids Crew program," said Keith Cox, NCL's vice president
of entertainment and onboard programming. "In addition to being fun
and interactive, these workshops will introduce youngsters to many of
the important principles of improvisation, such as the value of
listening, working as a team and the amazing results of saying 'yes,
and' rather than 'no, but.'"

The touring troupe onboard Norwegian Dawn will be comprised of Brian
Morris (Musical Director); Joe Canale; Molly Erdman; Paul Grondy;
Kevin McGeehan; and Sue Salvi.

"The Best of Second City" will replace Norwegian Dawn's current Music
of the Night performance, which features the musical scores of Sir
Andrew Lloyd Webber.

One of NCL's largest ships, accommodating 2,224 passengers and 1,112
crew, Norwegian Dawn sails round-trip from New York to the Caribbean
year-round. She features more dining options than any other ship in
the world, with the flexibility of 10 different restaurants, as well
as one of the most impressive art collections at sea including
original works from van Gogh, Matisse, Monet and Renoir. She also
features one of the biggest facility for kids (almost 5,500 square
feet), spectacular Garden Villa suites, and like all NCL ships, she
offers Freestyle Cruising, a more relaxed, resort-style cruise
experience with complete flexibility and non-intrusive service of the
highest standard.

NCL Corporation is an innovative cruise company headquartered in
Miami, Florida. With a fleet of 14 ships in service and under
construction, the corporation oversees the operations of NCL, NCL
America and Orient Lines. On July 4, 2004, NCL made U.S. maritime
history when it introduced the reflagged Pride of Aloha, the first
modern U.S.-flagged cruise ship in nearly 50 years. The 2,002
passenger ship is 100% U.S.-crewed, with most seafarers hailing from
Hawaii. The company is currently building three ships -- Pride of
America (delivery on June 6, 2005), Norwegian Jewel (delivery in
August 2005) and Pride of Hawaii (delivery in April 2006).

For further information on NCL or NCL America, please contact your
travel professional.