"Spirit Incentives" trips?scam or value?

Old May 17th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Henry B.

Default "Spirit Incentives" trips?scam or value?

I was given a 2 free nights coupon managed by Spirit Incentives which
requires a $50 buck "refundable" deposit for no shows.Anyone have good/bad
experiences?
Thanks
Hank

Old May 18th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Peter L

"Henry B." wrote in message
I was given a 2 free nights coupon managed by Spirit Incentives which
requires a $50 buck "refundable" deposit for no shows.Anyone have good/bad
experiences?
Thanks
Hank

Two free nights where?

Old May 18th, 2004, 06:01 AM
Christina

"Its a loittle of both....If indeed you can be so insanely flexible
with your dates,,,,you can do it....but basically they will try to
tell you your dates are sold out but they can "upgrade" you (for a
fee).....I have used them before....If you can get the upper hand on
the dates (go way out like try a tuesday in October!) its a good
deal...but otherwise sell it on Ebay.....But they arent an OVERT scam
(they will not steal your $50 deposit (tho it will take 12-16 weeks to
get it back).
Old May 18th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Henry B.

Two free nights where?
In many Holiday Inn locations.

Old June 27th, 2004, 04:12 AM
silverfoxtrot

Default spirit incentives

Do you recall if you could extend your stay and stay longer? I am not using
their hotel...super budget hotel...but I'll get my home ...just wanted to
know if we can stay longer than 2 nights? What airline did you fly? Was it
a charter? Where did you go? Thanks

Old June 30th, 2004, 11:35 PM
WSTACEY

My dream vacation is slowly turning into a night mare. Got the Catch the
Spirit vacation @ Discount Global Travel in Royal Oak, MI. Trying to plan
the all-inclusive to Dominican Republic. And anyone who thinks they can
go to DR on a 2 night vacation and call it a dream is mistaken. We know
and they know you will need more days to buy. I can get the DR Palace @
154/all inclusive for NOV 04. Being a military-government, I got 8 nights
for 116 all inclusive including taxes.

SI will sell you more days but at 252 per night. That includes 32 taxes
which no one at Wyndham can ID. Taxes are baked into the all inclusive
rate and can not be ID per Wyndham. Christinatheresa said it is a little
bit of scam. SI has to make profits, and I am trying to get room released
to me now rather that wait to 45 days before departure to see if I get my
room allotment. I am being "punished" because I would not accept their
off of $1,793 for the dream vacation. I have to wait,but they did offer
AIR know with 101 taxes each. I will need to pay a deviation if I extend
my room beyond 2 nights. It is 116 vs their 253 rate. Someone is making
lots of money on the extended stay and it sure is not me. I call the 253
rate a scam. I hope to get some satisfication from SI and from the agency
that gave it to me to lure me into their presentation. Nothing is free in
this world, but it was sure passed off as free in the Discount Global
Travel presentation. If I do not get satisfication, I will see if I have
a legitimate complaint to file with the better business bureau against
both Spirit Incentives and Discount Global Travel. Their upgrade fees are
ridiculously high.

Old July 1st, 2004, 12:06 AM
Roger B.

"WSTACEY" wrote...
My dream vacation is slowly turning into a night mare. snip

The old adage, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
too good to be true applies here. The sad truth is that there are
plenty of gullible people who will fall for their gimmicks. Take a
time-share sales tour and see what you end up buying. [Rog']