English speaking R.C. churches in Dresden, Germany

Old February 19th, 2009, 01:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_2_]

Default English speaking R.C. churches in Dresden, Germany

Martin wrote on Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:34:33 +0100:

On Feb 19, 12:11 am, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Wiener Sänger" wrote in
message news:8d726b0f-357f-44a1-8112-9e61b17767e3@r37g2000
prr.googlegroups.com... On Feb 10, 3:23 pm, Frank
Hucklenbroich wrote:
Am Mon, 9 Feb 2009 22:35:28 -0800 (PST) schrieb Wiener Sänger:

Does anyone know of any English-speaking churches in
Dresden,Germany ? Mass on a Sunday would be most
convenient.
Look
hehttp://www.englishlivingabroad.com/d...religion.shtml

Regards,

Frank

What's wrong with mass in the language of the country you
are visiting? It's the same service, isn't it?

The homily can't be understood .. it's very much part of the
service. The rest of it is exactly the same in a different
language, so it is easy to follow.

There are English masses in Vienna and Brussels, and I have
attended them
both: http://www.tourama.net/traveltips/englishchurches.html

and elsewhere including A'dam and the Hague.
Since the CofE service is basically a translation of the
Latin mass, unless you believe God is only present in Roman
Catholic churches you may as well attend an English speaking
CofE church. --

The OP asked a reasonable question and her motives have been quite
clearly stated. I'm not a churchgoer but I think your attempts to start
a religious flame war should be ignored.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old February 19th, 2009, 04:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle

Hucklenbroich wrote:
[...]

Amen! And thank you, James.

--Jean

Old February 19th, 2009, 04:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Giovanni Drogo

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, James Silverton wrote:

The OP asked a reasonable question and her motives have been quite
clearly stated. I'm not a churchgoer but I think your attempts to
start a religious flame war should be ignored.

I'm not sure if he intended to. It is perfectly legitimate to attend a
function held by another Christian confession if no catholic churches
are available.

I remember a friend (italian resident in Germany, catholic) who told me
she once was in Boulder, Colorado, and since she could not find a
catholic church, she attended a function in a local (protestant of some
sort) church. She was quite amused of the fact the local priest welcomed
her and asked her if she wanted some sort of "certificate of attendance"
(the reason of the amusement was she was imagining the face SOME priests
she knew at home would do seeing such a document :-)).

Anyhow I would not normally expect in a country functions to be held in
a non-native language, unless there is a strong immigrant community. For
instance in Milan there is probably a church with catholic functions in
Spanish for the south-american community, and definitely there is an
anglican church with function in English, but I won't expect any place
to held catholic functions in English for tourists.

is a newsreading account used by more persons to