That 'panacea' of Socialized medicine coming to USA? Royal DarwinHospital "shocking", AMA says (NT Australia news)

Old February 18th, 2013, 03:09 PM posted to soc.retirement,alt.health,alt.horror,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
ПеаБраин[_4_]

Default That 'panacea' of Socialized medicine coming to USA? Royal DarwinHospital "shocking", AMA says (NT Australia news)

That 'panacea' of Socialized medicine coming to USA? Royal Darwin
Hospital "shocking", AMA says (NT Australia news)

"...The situation was so bad this week that two beds were crammed into
many emergency department cubicles, admitted patients were left in
corridors and nurses were running into the waiting room to treat
people.....

AMA NT president Dr Peter Beaumont said...

"Overcrowding leads to omissions. "People will die.''..."

Royal Darwin Hospital "shocking", AMA says - Northern Territory News
http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/201...9_ntnews.html3 days ago –
The situation was so bad this week that two beds were crammed into
many emergency department cubicles, admitted patients were left in ...

Royal Darwin Hospital "shocking", AMA says - Sport Balla ...
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:37 PM posted to soc.retirement,alt.health,alt.horror,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

(Non-English-speaking moron) wrote:
That 'panacea' of Socialized medicine coming to USA? Royal Darwin
Hospital "shocking", AMA says (NT Australia news)

"...The situation was so bad this week that two beds were crammed into
many emergency department cubicles, admitted patients were left in
corridors and nurses were running into the waiting room to treat
people.....

Sounds like Phoenix, Arizona! (Only here, we get billed for the
privilege, and they won't even treat you if you don't have insurance.)
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:58 PM posted to soc.retirement,alt.health,alt.horror,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
ПеаБраин[_4_]

On Feb 18, 3:37*pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
(Non-English-speaking moron) wrote:
That 'panacea' of Socialized medicine coming to USA? Royal Darwin
Hospital "shocking", AMA says (NT Australia news)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;
"...The situation was so bad this week that two beds were crammed into
many emergency department cubicles, admitted patients were left in
corridors and nurses were running into the waiting room to treat
people....."

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''
Sounds like Phoenix, Arizona! *(Only here, we get billed for the
privilege, and they won't even treat you if you don't have insurance.)

Rubbish. You are just broadcasting your gullibility by swallowing the
anti American bias that infests Usenet.

All Americans over age 65 and disabled Americans qualify for
Medicare
where the US government pays health providers direct for health care
of
the elderly and disabled.
In addition:

http://www.cms.hhs.gov/EMTALA/

Overview

"In 1986, Congress enacted the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor
Act

(EMTALA) to ensure public access to emergency services regardless of
ability to pay. Section 1867 of the Social Security Act imposes
specific obligations on Medicare-participating hospitals that offer
emergency services to provide a medical screening examination (MSE)
when a request is made for examination or treatment for an emergency
medical condition (EMC), including active labor, regardless of an
individual's ability to pay. Hospitals are then required to provide
stabilizing treatment for patients with EMCs. If a hospital is unable
to stabilize a patient within its capability, or if the patient
requests, an appropriate transfer should be implemented...."
In addition:

Besides state MEDICAID health care iis available to the poor and many
comparable
individual state laws which are broader in scope than the federal
EMTALA, preceded EMTALA

Living in Arizona you might find the excerpt from the article pasted
below applicable:

Forced Medical Treatment for Illegals

"EMTALA provides uninsured people with medical care in hospital
emergency rooms. The coersive EMTALA obligates hospitals to treat the
uninsured but does not pay for that care. EMTALA requires each
emergency room to treat anyone who enters with an "emergency"
associated with cough, headache, hangnail, cardiac arrest, permeated
lumbar disc, drug addiction, alcohol overdose, gunshot injury,
automobile trauma, HIV-positive infection, mental problem, or
personality disorder. The definition of emergency is flexible and
vague and includes almost any condition requiring mandatory care....."

Google could take you to the article in its entirety but notice I used
the word "might" because your proven venomous anti American bias
prevents you from having any interest in reality.
Old February 19th, 2013, 09:24 PM posted to soc.retirement,alt.health,alt.horror,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe

ПеаБраин wrote:
On Feb 18, 3:37 pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
Sounds like Phoenix, Arizona! (Only here, we get billed for the
privilege, and they won't even treat you if you don't have insurance.)

Rubbish. You are just broadcasting your gullibility by swallowing the
anti American bias that infests Usenet.

"Gullible"???? Have YOU tried to get medical care in a Phoenix, AZ
emergency room? Fortunately I DO have insurance, but If I had not, I'd
probably still be waiting. (I speak from experience - you clearly do not!)
Old February 20th, 2013, 01:13 AM posted to soc.retirement,alt.health,alt.horror,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Poetic Justice

Default That 'panacea' of Socialized medicine coming to USA? RoyalDarw...

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote

Sounds like Phoenix, Arizona! (Only here,
we get billed for the privilege,

and they won't even treat you if you don't
have insurance.)

Would you please name those Phoenix hospitals that are violating the
federal law?

It requires hospitals to provide care to
anyone needing emergency healthcare
treatment regardless of citizenship, legal
status or ability to pay. There are no
reimbursement provisions. [Snip]

However, in practical terms, EMTALA
applies to virtually all hospitals in the U.S.

The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) is a U.S.
Act of Congress passed in 1986 as part of the Consolidated Omnibus
Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA).
It requires hospitals to provide care to anyone needing emergency
healthcare treatment regardless of citizenship, legal status or ability
to pay. There are no reimbursement provisions. [Snip]

EMTALA applies to "participating hospitals." The statute defines
"participating hospitals" as those that accept payment from the
Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and
Medicaid Services (CMS) under the Medicare program.

Old February 20th, 2013, 08:08 PM posted to soc.retirement,alt.health,alt.horror,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe

Poetic Justice wrote:
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote

Sounds like Phoenix, Arizona! (Only here,
we get billed for the privilege,

and they won't even treat you if you don't
have insurance.)

Would you please name those Phoenix hospitals that are violating the
federal law?

It requires hospitals to provide care to
anyone needing emergency healthcare
treatment regardless of citizenship, legal
status or ability to pay. There are no
reimbursement provisions.

That may be the LAW, but Arizona doesn't seem to consider itself subject
to federal law, except when it feels like it. Also, are you sure that
includes private for profit hospitals? (I've read of more than one
occasion when the "emergency" patient was sent elsewhere.)

Except for a couple of bright spots like the Mayo Clinic (which ceased
accepting Medicare patients a few years ago) the quality of medical care
here leaves a lot to be desired, too. (But of course it is only
Americans who are unaware that the quality of medical care in the U.S.
ranks somewhere near the bottom, among industrialized nations.)
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:27 PM posted to soc.retirement,alt.health,alt.horror,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
:ПеаБраин

On Feb 20, 2:08*pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
Poetic Justice wrote:
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote

Sounds like Phoenix, Arizona! (Only here,
we get billed for the privilege,

and they won't even treat you if you don't
have insurance.)

Would you please name those Phoenix hospitals that are violating the
federal law?

It requires hospitals to provide care to
anyone needing emergency healthcare
treatment regardless of citizenship, legal
status or ability to pay. There are no
reimbursement provisions.

.................................................. .................................................. .............
Americans who are unaware that the quality of medical care in the U.S.
ranks somewhere near the bottom, among industrialized nations.)

Cancer Survival Rates -- US versus Europe
22-Jul-2009 07:45 PM

! Please join this discussion about Cancer Survival Rates -- US versus
Europe within the Health & Medicine category.
Excerpt: Why are cancer survival rates higher in the US versus Europe
almost across the board?

Old February 21st, 2013, 12:52 AM posted to [email protected],rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

On 2/20/2013 1:08 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Poetic Justice wrote:
[...]

Name the hospital, Evelyn...why did you avoid the question? Back up
your statement or else it cannot be believed!

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:02 PM
mariajames mariajames is offline
Member

Location: London

It's being nice to have such a nice source of information to share with us it will really help us...
Old February 21st, 2013, 09:12 PM posted to [email protected],rec.travel.europe

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Name the hospital, Evelyn...why did you avoid the question? Back up
your statement or else it cannot be believed!

I didn't "avoid" anything - I was simply relaying information. I have
only once sought "emergency" care (at Banner-Boswell, which IMO ranks
near rock bottom and will never see me again) I can only vouch for the
fact that before they would even LOOK at me, I had to provide them with
my insurance information.