*** ***********, Hershey packer

Old July 1st, 2010, 08:54 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Ari Silverstein

Default Nude Cruising ?

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 14:21:39 -0500, Terry J. Wood wrote:

Ari Silverstein wrote in news:8946unFmtfU1
@mid.individual.net:

More of a colony setting

Maybe it was an ant colony?

Nudists don't live in colonies. We go to camps.

Older term, you're picking a nit.
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services
www.cruisequick.com - able to offer some of the lowest prices and best
Old July 1st, 2010, 08:58 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Ari Silverstein

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 14:19:41 -0500, Terry J. Wood wrote:

Ari Silverstein wrote in news:8946c4Fj9cU1
@mid.individual.net:

I know of no textile, clothing cruises where you would be put to port
for a simple sexual solicitation. Why the overkill?

You'd have to ask them to know for sure.

But I get the feeling they've had this problem arise in the past and have
found a sure fire way to deal with it.

Nope, not unless the solicitations are frequent and harassing. Then
there might be a case that security would step in. I can't ever
remember that _without warning_, security has ported even a harassing
passenger.

Cruise lines don't like bad publicity and attempt if at all possible
to keep problems handled internally. They would be more likely to lock
you in your room or in the ship's brig than to port you.
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:13 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Terry J. Wood

Ari Silverstein wrote in news:894a3eFarjU1
@mid.individual.net:

Nudists don't live in colonies. We go to camps.

Older term, you're picking a nit.

It only seems that way to textiles. They see the terms as interchangable.
Nudists don't live in colonies. They go to camps or restorts. If you want
nudists to think you're clueless, use the term "nudist colony".
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:28 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Terry J. Wood

Ari Silverstein wrote in news:894abaFcatU1
@mid.individual.net:

Cruise lines don't like bad publicity and attempt if at all possible
to keep problems handled internally. They would be more likely to lock
you in your room or in the ship's brig than to port you.

Let us know how it goes! At least you'll fare better than GWB:

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...s/laln436l.jpg
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:07 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Dan Abel

In article ,
Ari Silverstein wrote:

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 13:19:11 -0500, Terry J. Wood wrote:

Ari Silverstein wrote in news:893ttmFulcU1
@mid.individual.net:

Many of the clothing-optional cruises are also "swinger" cruises where
private party rooms are used as do-whatever-sexually.

I couldn't tell you about that. The only cruises I know are the Bare
Necessities cruises and they are rather clear about what they expect:

http://www.bare-necessities.com/decorum.html

"Bare Necessities also complies with the cruise line¢s regulations,
which we agreed to when we entered into the charter agreement,
including the right to dismiss persons from the cruise for abusing
alcohol and/or drugs, sexual solicitation..."

I know of no textile, clothing cruises where you would be put to port
for a simple sexual solicitation. Why the overkill?

Because it has been found necessary? I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't
be surprised if some folks are concerned about being made uncomfortable,
and enough have asked, that rules have been made to ensure the comfort
of the passengers.

Keep in mind, that both for this, and for other questions that you have
asked, if nobody complains, no action will be taken.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Old July 1st, 2010, 10:21 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Dan Abel

In article ,
Ari Silverstein wrote:

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 14:19:41 -0500, Terry J. Wood wrote:

Ari Silverstein wrote in news:8946c4Fj9cU1
@mid.individual.net:

I know of no textile, clothing cruises where you would be put to port
for a simple sexual solicitation. Why the overkill?

You'd have to ask them to know for sure.

But I get the feeling they've had this problem arise in the past and have
found a sure fire way to deal with it.

Nope, not unless the solicitations are frequent and harassing. Then
there might be a case that security would step in. I can't ever
remember that _without warning_, security has ported even a harassing
passenger.

Cruise lines don't like bad publicity and attempt if at all possible
to keep problems handled internally. They would be more likely to lock
you in your room or in the ship's brig than to port you.

I'll remind you that, according to the cite, these are the rules of the
cruise line, not the charter agency:

http://www.bare-necessities.com/decorum.html

As such, the Captain is enforcing the rules of his/her employer. If the
captains don't get all weird and arbitrary on non-nude cruises, they
shouldn't behave differently on nude cruises.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Old July 1st, 2010, 10:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

PLEASE enough on nude crossing,let people do what ever turns them on,it
seems ARI is hung up on nudity,and sex.please lets get back to our
original cruising discussions

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old July 1st, 2010, 11:05 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Dan Abel

In article ,
"Terry J. Wood" wrote:

Ari Silverstein wrote in news:89450uFas1U1
@mid.individual.net:

I am looking for a connect between nudism and sexual attitudes but the
conversation keeps going in circles.

It's hard to find what is not there.

Some non-nudists find it hard to believe that there is no connection
between nudity and sex. They bring up all sorts of arguments. They are
all false. Imagine going to a chess club or a sewing circle. Is that
all about sex? No, clearly not. Does that mean those people don't have
sex. No. Most people have sex. Even if some of them don't, their
parents must have had sex, or they wouldn't be there.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:12 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Jenny6833A

On Jul 1, 11:27*am, Ari Silverstein wrote:

The
nudists in this thread express a disconnect between sexual attitudes
and nudity i.e. the spread of prudishness is equal across textile and
nudist populations. I was surprised by this.

I don't think anyone has said quite that. Nudists, like textiles,
have a wide variety of attitudes about sex, but the attitudes aren't
the same ones or at least don't have the same intensity. For example,
nudists in general, unlike textiles in general, do NOT equate nudity
with a solicitation of sex or agreement to have sex..

As another example, textiles (especially textile men) are absolutely
convinced that an erection is the natural and proper response to the
sight of female nudity. Most of them think that not getting an
erection would be evidence (and that others would take it to mean)
that there's something wrong with their manliness. The erection is
thus an obligatory response, necessary to reassure themselves and
others that they're really men. Nudist men don't feel that way.

Remember also, that nudists are nudist/textile bicultural; we move
back and forth between two quite different cultures. Textiles are
unicultural and thus less flexible; they know only one way and have
nothing else with which to compare/contrast.

I am looking for a connect between nudism and sexual attitudes but the
conversation keeps going in circles.

I don't think you'll find one, certainly not an easily expressed one.
I'd expect statistical differences if a large sample of nudists and
textiles were asked the same questions, but other than the kind of
stuff I've mentioned, I can't predict what they'd be in any great
detail.

There are also substantial differences between the attitudes of
American beach nudists and American AANRists, between French beach
nudists and French FFNists, etc.

:-)

Jenny
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:18 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Jenny6833A

On Jul 1, 12:09*pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
*Ari Silverstein wrote:

* * * That is assuming that dropping off the clothes is congruent with
the person's outlook and if they feel comfortable. To impose that on an
unwilling person would do much more damage.

Funny that. Nudists will tell you when they are thrown into a textile
world, have to conform, they have to adjust. Throw a textile into a
nudist world and they are likely to implode.

* That's (largely) because the nudists are already outside the norm and
have the less restrictive mindset to begin with (probably really lousy
explanation, but you can get the drift). It is easier for most folks to
go from outside the norm to inside than the other way around. They are
already not as hung up on norms because they are outside of them. *If
you don't understand, let me know and I'll try again. (g).

I think it's just that nudists are, by definition, bicultural. We
move back and forth between nudist and textile cultures with the same
ease that a truly bilingual person can between different language
environments. When in Nome, do as the Nomans.

:-)

Jenny