*** ***********, Hershey packer

Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:01 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Dan Abel

Default Nude Cruising ?

In article ,
Ari Silverstein wrote:

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 07:55:48 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Be interesting to know how soon in the process they don't feel that.
Erections are (I know this takes a lot of the fun out of it, but there
you are) a physiological reaction to a stimulus. As such, it can be
extinguished by repeated exposure to the stimulus. You see something
often enough and the stimulation can go away.

So what we have is this au natural way of nudity is actually a
different set of social programming. They want to call it
deprogramming but it's that *and* Reprogramming.

You are both making this way too complicated. It's not an issue. There
is nothing to it. Only non-nudists have long discussions about social
nudity and erections. Nudists know that it doesn't happen. If it did
happen, nobody would pay any attention, so it's like it still didn't
happen. Pretty simple.

Note that we haven't heard a peep from anyone on rec.nude about what
they are like when they are clothed.

There's nothing to say. People act *exactly* the same, basically.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:20 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Ari Silverstein wrote:

Hmm. I wonder if that would then stimulate an erection the next
time they saw each in public. The Little Head responding not to the
nudity, but to the person. Interesting.

I don't think these people are lying to us. I believe that there is a
social requirement as part of nudity to learn to remove sexual
stimulations. They must have to be programmed not to give that 'come
hither" look and if they see it, by perchance, they have been
programmed to ignore it. Mr. Penis and Miss Clitoris are jailed.

Can't be in all instances, otherwise where do little nudists come
from? There has to be some contexts where nudity is related to sexual
stimulation... unless someone is trying to convince me that the most
nudists have sex fully clothed. I don't buy it).
The problem is that the Little Head tends to think is primitive terms
and may not always be able to fathom when hard it bad. While they could
hold Little Willie in check (probably a bad choice of words in this
context, but I couldn't resist) in social situations in general, is it
possible to do so when the stimulation (the person not necessarily the
nudity) is the same? Nice thing about being a clothes person is that
when my wife enters the room looking especially good, it is much easier
to hide the response. Don't know how that works in nudism.

I don't like this sexually dead program frankly. And if this
de-reprogramming, as you hint, is only temporary (Pavlov's nudity) and
we revert, well, it could have its usefulness. But like taking a
cruise, it isn't a functional, permanent way of life.

I don't see sexuality in this as dead, but that the context of how
nudity fits into the equation. I don't see any particular reason to
think there is a major change in sexuality, just the way nudity is
perceived. In my world, nudity is an offering, not a life style (g).

Note that we haven't heard a peep from anyone on rec.nude about what
they are like when they are clothed. Are they still sexually function
less? No erections, no engorgements? Just mechanical sex and
stimulated only during the sex acts themselves?

And my somewhat twisted mind wonders all of a sudden what happens
during a nudist lap dance (g). My guess is that within that particular
context, hard is not evil.

A nude cruise would then be a bunch of sexually dead zombies who might
have one hell of a hard time having hard times..when they might wish
to be.

Again, I don't see any indication of that (albeit from afar). I think
the only major difference sexually appears to be the social context of
nudity.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:21 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Ari Silverstein

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 10:55:34 -0500, Terry J. Wood wrote:

Jenny6833A wrote in news:801f514f-c452-4827-9139-
:

And then, somewhere along the line, both men and women ask, "If these
places aren't about sex, then what do you do there? Why do you go?
What's the point?" And then, if I haven't given up, I have to start
all over again: "It's about personal preference, simplicity,
comfort, ...."

What you wrote is pretty spot on (and not just the part I quoted above). Look
how many textiles we've had in rec.nude that are obsessed with sex and can't
accept that we aren't.

I'm not sure that people can believe it without trying it.

One of my close friends (from my wedding) showed up at my nudist camp. We
had invited her over to hot tub with us but she had always refused, because
she knew we used the hot tub in the nude. (We had even offered to wear suits
if that would make her more comfortable, but to no avail).

Perhaps she simply didn't like you

So imagine our surprise to see her at our camp! She explained that she and
her husband had tried naturism while on vacation in the Carribean (they took
a cruise). As soon as she tried it she was hooked! As soon as they got back
they looked on line for a nudist camp and found WTL.

She laughed as she told everyone the story about what she used to think about
naturism -- all those PERVERTS PRACING NAKED! Now she understood that it
wasn't about sex, but instead about freedom.

What exactly are you free of and free to do?
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services
www.cruisequick.com - able to offer some of the lowest prices and best
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:23 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Ari Silverstein

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:06:41 -0500, Terry J. Wood wrote:

Dan Abel wrote in news:dabel-94130F.07362402072010@c-61-68-
245-199.per.connect.net.au:

Chess clubs and sewing circles are not sexually conducive environs.

Neither is a nudist venue. Most of them have little children running
around. It's a family atmosphere.

Keep in mind that Dan's talking about nudist venues. There are places where
you can be "at ease" with nudity and not be in a nudist venue. Just because
people are nude at a place doesn't make the place a nudist venue. It's the
expected behavior that really makes a camp a nudist camp.

Nudist camps are family oriented for one. Places that are simply "at ease"
with nudity may not allow children, for instance. Or they might. They also
may have different rules on what is and is not acceptable. You have to check
with the groups about their rules. But if they don't follow traditional
nudist values then they aren't nudist camps.

If anyone is interested in places like that I do know of one in Canada that
we can point to. They are very clear that it is NOT a nudist camp. I've
never been there (and probably will never visit) so I can't comment on more
than what the owner has told me about it.

The Bare Necessities cruises appear to be more on par with nudist values btw.
If you want to get along on those cruises you should adhear to nudist
decorum.

Terry

Are these written, minimum standards? What are these decorums?
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:29 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Ari Silverstein

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 07:31:54 -0700, Dan Abel wrote:

In article ,
Ari Silverstein wrote:

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 16:12:45 -0700 (PDT), Jenny6833A wrote:

On Jul 1, 11:27*am, Ari Silverstein wrote:

The
nudists in this thread express a disconnect between sexual attitudes
and nudity i.e. the spread of prudishness is equal across textile and
nudist populations. I was surprised by this.

I don't think anyone has said quite that. Nudists, like textiles,
have a wide variety of attitudes about sex, but the attitudes aren't
the same ones or at least don't have the same intensity. For example,
nudists in general, unlike textiles in general, do NOT equate nudity

I am looking for a connect between nudism and sexual attitudes but the
conversation keeps going in circles.

I don't think you'll find one, certainly not an easily expressed one.
I'd expect statistical differences if a large sample of nudists and
textiles were asked the same questions, but other than the kind of
stuff I've mentioned, I can't predict what they'd be in any great
detail.

There's no control study research on this?

That's funny. How about a study on whether most people like sex?

Sex has been thoroughly studied, Dan, there are entire institutes for
sexual research and this and most every other question has been asked.

As Jenny said, most non-nudists have incorrect preconceptions about what
it is like. About three hours of real life experience at a nudist venue
will turn them around 180 degrees. They'll all exclaim, "but this isn't
what I expected!". Almost every time. That's better than any study.

Empirical, Dan, but your comment has drifted off the question of how
textiles and nudists would respond to questions about their sexuality.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:36 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Ari Silverstein

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 09:35:16 -0700, Dan Abel wrote:

In article ,
"Terry J. Wood" wrote:

Dan Abel wrote in news:dabel-826E4E.07315402072010@c-61-68-
245-199.per.connect.net.au:

That's funny. How about a study on whether most people like sex?

I'm involved in such a study. We're seeing whether one person can remain
faithful to another over a long period of time. So far the study has been
going on for 23 years. I'll let you know how it works out! :-)

These short term studies with a sample size of one, aren't very useful.
My wife and I have a good start on year 39.

It's funny, really. When Ari brought up this stuff about cruising, and
unwanted sexual solicitation, I really don't have a clue. I have
confidence that people get hooked up without anything unwanted
happening, but I am so far removed from that, it isn't funny. And my
three kids aren't any help. They and their friends don't seem to do the
"dating" thing, and almost never have. They and their friends become
friends, and things happen, and sexual relationships form, and I can't
see any logical progression. Two of their friends got married recently.
All three of my kids were in the wedding party. What's going to be
different for the happy couple now? They've been together for ten
years, and they are in their twenties. That's their whole adult life.
They've lived together for the last four years.

I hear you, Dan, having watched mine and their friends go down the
same paths. I'm not all fired sure that sexual relationships are best
fostered inside of marriage but the casual approach to sex I don't
get. Giving head is not sex. I have heard that more times than I can
count.

WTF did that come from? Dates today are 1) pickup your date 2) smoke
some weed or drink or both 3) see your friends 4) have sex 5) yawn.

Rinse, repeat with every date.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:37 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Terry J. Wood

Dan Abel wrote in news:dabel-B824EE.11012402072010@c-61-68-
245-199.per.connect.net.au:

Note that we haven't heard a peep from anyone on rec.nude about what
they are like when they are clothed.

There's nothing to say. People act *exactly* the same, basically.

That's because under our clothes we're naked.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:39 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Ari Silverstein

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:29:32 -0500, Terry J. Wood wrote:

All my friends met their mates at folk dances. In fact we couldn't
beleive it when one of the women announced that she was dating her boss
who didn't know how to dance. We wondered what they had in common. When
they got married we wondered how long a "mixed" marrage (dancer/non-
dancer) would last. What would they do on the weekends? :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4d7Wp9kKjA
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:40 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Terry J. Wood

Ari Silverstein wrote in
:

One of my close friends (from my wedding) showed up at my nudist camp.
We had invited her over to hot tub with us but she had always refused,
because she knew we used the hot tub in the nude. (We had even offered
to wear suits if that would make her more comfortable, but to no
avail).

Perhaps she simply didn't like you

Yeah, the bride's maid and the best man didn't like us.

What exactly are you free of and free to do?

Whatever we like. No clothing required.

(Personally I avoid arc welding and frying steaks.)
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:41 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Terry J. Wood

Ari Silverstein wrote in news:896p4lF6i1U1
@mid.individual.net:

Are these written, minimum standards? What are these decorums?

Pretty much was the Bare Neccisties web site described.