International Airfares to SYD???

Old June 10th, 2005, 02:59 AM

Default International Airfares to SYD???

Hi all

I am planning a trip Sydney, AU for later this fall or early next year.

Can anyone give any suggestions for finding a great airfare on the
Internet?

Are certain days I should look at when booking an airfare to SYD? Are
there certain airlines I should look at? Are there any sites you would
recommend for booking tickets for this trip? I have came across a few
sites on the net selling international airfares (sorry I forgot to
write down the URLs), but I know little or nothing about them, so I was
hoping someone could lead me to great consolidator. I know someone is
going to tell me to speak to a travel agent, but after having a bad
experience with one a few months back, my husband will not let me use
one. This means I am limited to online only services.

I was hoping to be able to go business or first class, so I might get a
lay flat seat (very long if I am correct). I was doing some research at
a site and the prices for those seats were nearly 7 thousand more than
a coach ticket at about $1300. Are there any tricks to getting a
discounted fare for a better seat or is that the discount fare.

I did a search for the following dates Oct 4-Oct 14, 05 from the below
listed cities and found airfares to be about the same.
CPR
DEN
BIL
RAP
SLC
My first selection would be CPR, as we only live 30 miles away, but
would consider any of the other airports if the airfare were much
better.

I noticed that some itineraries required flying on 2 airlines. If I
were to go that option how much connection time at LAX or SFO would you
suggest? Also which of the mentioned connection airports is a better
choice, LAX or SFO.

Thanks
Sue

Old June 10th, 2005, 03:10 AM

Here the site that I did a search at.

Airline Consolidator.com
Airfare.com

Sue

Old June 11th, 2005, 05:46 AM

HI Sue

I had a friend who did this tirp out of DEN on AA (codeshare on QF
LAX-SYD & SYD LAX). He won this trip as part of a contest. He seemed
very happy with the business class on QF. Talked more about the flight
than rest of trip. He said the seats were great and allowed him to get
some sleep while traveling there and coming back. He also very much
liked the food and the service on his flight.

I did a little research and it looks like UA would give you the only
single airline option out of CPR, as well as SLC, BIL, and RAP.

Michael

Old June 12th, 2005, 05:55 AM
A Mate

Major carriers on the direct route (ie. not flying through Asia) are Qantas,
United, Air Canada, and Air NZ. Smaller carriers are Air Pacific, and
Hawaiian Air.
AA codeshares with (and uses aircraft belonging to) Qantas. Lan Chile and
Aerolineas Argentinas fly via Santiago & Buenos Aires respectively.

Air NZ has cheap specials fairly frequently.

oups.com...

Old June 12th, 2005, 07:37 PM
dumbstruck

Normally it pays a lot to break the ticket into a seperate LAX-SYD
portion, which goes on extreme sales esp if you are flexible about the
dates. And probably your destination is often on sale to LAX. Any
break between isn't a negative but a positive, a much better way to
restore well being than the absurdly priced upper class seats. LAX is
very well served by bus for a few hour or day stops such as to Santa
Monica, Westwood, express bus to Getty museum on the hilltop, or Santa
Barbara.