Best way to get from Long Beach Airport to Long Beach Hotel andthen......

Old November 13th, 2008, 03:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Best way to get from Long Beach Airport to Long Beach Hotel andthen......

Hi everyone

I looking to see if anyone can tell me what the best way to get from
the Long Beach Airport to the Courtyard Hotel Long Beach and then to
the L.A. Cruise Port. I then need to get back to the same hotel after
our cruise and then to the airport. Is public transportation a good
option? Is a taxi or airport a better option? Just so you know there
will 3 adults.

Thanks guys

M. M.
Old November 13th, 2008, 04:38 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Nov 12, 9:29 pm, Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
Hi everyone

I looking to see if anyone can tell me what the best way to get from
the Long Beach Airport to the Courtyard Hotel Long Beach and then to
the L.A. Cruise Port. I then need to get back to the same hotel after
our cruise and then to the airport. Is public transportation a good
option? Is a taxi or airport a better option? Just so you know there
will 3 adults.

Best is a relative term. What's your criteria? Low cost or speed?

Ease of use without being too costly. Will have 2 bags each, so we
need an option that easily accommodate that without being costing an
arm and a leg.

M. M.
Old November 13th, 2008, 06:20 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie

[Default] Thus spake :

wrote:

Hi everyone

I looking to see if anyone can tell me what the best way to get from
the Long Beach Airport to the Courtyard Hotel Long Beach and then to
the L.A. Cruise Port. I then need to get back to the same hotel after
our cruise and then to the airport. Is public transportation a good
option? Is a taxi or airport a better option? Just so you know there
will 3 adults.

Best is a relative term. What's your criteria? Low cost or speed?

Ease of use without being too costly. Will have 2 bags each, so we
need an option that easily accommodate that without being costing an
arm and a leg.

M. M.

Super Shuttle or taxi both work. What's your definition of "arm and a
leg"?

I'd recommend Super Shuttle's service. With 3
people and 6 bags you will fill up a regular taxi
to "over full." You can reserve on line and the
fare will be around $45 for each trip. The only
"downside" is you will get to share the van with
up to four other people and you may get a scenic
tour. They also have an agent at the port when you
return as well. Public transportation is not a
viable option.
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)
Old November 13th, 2008, 08:53 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

John,

Now, that's a good and constructive answer, as compared to Dillon's for
example. It's all too easy for some to try to slip in a generic answer that
could apply to just about anything, but actually knowing the area and what
one is talking about, does make a world of difference.

To expand a bit on your input, costs does need to be compared to ease of
use. The Blue Line (trolley) would no-doubt be the most inexpensive method,
but also the least practical. The only similarity that the Long Beach
Airport and the Courtyard Hotel Long Beach have with one another, is that
they are technically both within the City of Long Beach itself. However,
roughly 20 miles separate the two. And while the Long Beach Trolley (Blue
Line) is by far the cheapest method of transportation, one would still need
to get from the Long Beach Airport to the Blue Line station, then the ending
Blue Line station to the Hotel - with stations not anywhere close to these
points. Likewise, while the Hotel is close to the Ocean in Long Beach, we
are not talking about a cruise from Long Beach Harbor, the location of the
Queen Mary, and would only apply to Carnival Cruise Lines. L.A. Cruise Port
is actually Los Angeles Harbor, in San Pedro, at the foot of the Vincent
Thomas Bridge, and about 5-miles for the Hotel.

Personally, I would see if the Hotel itself had any type shuttle service to
and/or from the Long Beach Airport, and then to the San Pedro Cruise Dock.
If not, then indeed, Super Shuttle (or a similar company) would be the next
logical mode of transportation. Unless someone is indeed willing to spend an
arm and leg, in this case a Taxi would not be a good alternative at all,
unless needed for some type of quick and/or very local transportation.

Happy sailing...
John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY (sm)
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old November 15th, 2008, 03:39 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie

John Sisker wrote:
[...]

The hotel's web site says they do not have a
shuttle. Luggage and the Light rail do not mix, as
well as the stations not being near any of the
locations. Three people, six bags means either two
taxis, sitting with luggage in the passenger
compartment, finding a van taxi, or one of the
shuttle services.
Cheers,
John in LALALand