Canadair Regional Jet inside room

Old August 23rd, 2004, 01:10 AM
Pete

Default Canadair Regional Jet inside room

How bad is the Canadair Regional Jet with respect to inside room,
i.e. legroom and headroom? Is it acceptable like the Dash-8 or
suitable only for midgets like the Saab 2000? If it matters, I am
interested in the Austrian Airlines (Tyrolean Airways) version.

Pete

Old August 23rd, 2004, 02:12 AM
James Robinson

Pete wrote:

How bad is the Canadair Regional Jet with respect to inside room,
i.e. legroom and headroom?

About like a Dash 8, though the seats might be a couple of cm closer
together. You can compare the two on their web site:

http://www.aua.com/at/eng/Austrian/Fleet/canadair+jet/
http://www.aua.com/at/eng/Austrian/F...bardier+Q+400/
Old August 23rd, 2004, 07:45 PM
Blake S

"James Robinson" wrote in message
Pete wrote:

How bad is the Canadair Regional Jet with respect to inside room,
i.e. legroom and headroom?

About like a Dash 8, though the seats might be a couple of cm closer
together. You can compare the two on their web site:

http://www.aua.com/at/eng/Austrian/Fleet/canadair+jet/
http://www.aua.com/at/eng/Austrian/F...bardier+Q+400/

The CRJ-700 is a cool ride in the air, kinda like a sports car version of a
passenger plane. I fly them whenever I can.

Old August 24th, 2004, 01:33 AM
31A

Pete wrote:

How bad is the Canadair Regional Jet with respect to inside room,
i.e. legroom and headroom?

About like a Dash 8, though the seats might be a couple of cm closer
together. You can compare the two on their web site:

http://www.aua.com/at/eng/Austrian/Fleet/canadair+jet/
http://www.aua.com/at/eng/Austrian/F...bardier+Q+400/

If it's one of the original models (-200) the window line is too low, enough
to give a neck ache if you look out for any length of time. Otherwise they
are fine (for a commuter), but I'd avoid them for flights of more than an
hour or so.

Old August 24th, 2004, 02:55 AM
nobody

About like a Dash 8, though the seats might be a couple of cm closer
together. You can compare the two on their web site:

The bombardier web site had a very good fuselage cross section for the 2 planes.

The Dash-8 has higher ceiling, and normal height windows (because the floor
is lower). However, there is less leg room for window seats due to the wall
being at more of an angle on the Dash-8 than for the CRJ.

Maximum width is the same, but width at floor level is bigger on CRJ than DASH-8.
Old August 25th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Clint

I fly on them for regional flights up to two hours and they are okay. Exit
rows are the best seats on the plane. One good thing about these planes is
that they are fast. I find that they are more comfortable an definitely
less noisy compared to Dash-8s

Clint

Free Spirit Gallery
http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca