Teaching english in Europe with no degree but TEFL certificate?

Old January 24th, 2006, 08:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Teaching english in Europe with no degree but TEFLcertificate?

Following up to (Mister Bartlett) :

Mxsmanic wrote:

Ahem!

Most of my current theories are theories I developed myself,

You are Anne Elk AICMFP

YES!
He'll be claiming dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the
middle and thin again at the other end next.
--
Tim C.
Old January 24th, 2006, 08:02 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Mxsmanic :

Tim C. writes:

So? So does evidence of everything ...

No, there is one glaring exception: Consciousness. You are certain
that you are conscious, but you have no observations to prove it and
no physical evidence--nor do you need anything, since your certainty
is experiential and self-validating.

You are observing yourself. That's the only thing you can be sure of.

That's the paradox of consciousness. It's the only thing of which we
can be certain, and yet it has no existence at all from a scientific
standpoint.

Rubbish.
--
Tim C.
Old January 24th, 2006, 08:04 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Mxsmanic :

Tim C. writes:

And what do you infer from this?

That each of them has a few grains of truth in it, but none can be
fully trusted.

or that they all spring from mankind's need to explain things that he
doesn't understand. There is little evidence for the "truth".
--
Tim C.
Old January 24th, 2006, 08:07 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to "A Human Being" :

There is no objective reality. Its all subjective.

Ah, that's just your point of view.
--
Tim C.
Old January 24th, 2006, 08:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Mxsmanic

Have you ever used drugs?

No, outside of those used for medical purposes. I've never used any
mind-altering drugs, including alcohol and tobacco-related substances.

so if you have never used alcohol, how come you're so sure you
would not find it enjoyable?
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old January 24th, 2006, 08:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Mxsmanic

Are you claiming ignorance of science and the scientific
community?

No, I'm asking you to explain yourself. It doesn't appear to be
working.

If you're going to ask silly questions like "who are the
scientific community" don't come back with ******** like:-
"No, I'm asking you to explain yourself. It doesn't appear to be
working."
There's only one reason threads where you put forward you're
theories don't work in any normally accepted sense and that's
because you choose not to answer questions in any way that could
be regarded as normal, as you are quite aware.
Old January 24th, 2006, 12:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 23:19:02 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

Have you ever used drugs?

No, outside of those used for medical purposes. I've never used any
mind-altering drugs, including alcohol and tobacco-related substances.

Good for you! I have heard they can really mess you up!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old January 24th, 2006, 01:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Martin

Do grains of sand have a souls?
Do grains of corn have souls
What's the lowest granularity of anything with a soul?

please pay attention, Mixi has created the concept of group
souls/conciousness for non humans, so all *rock* has one *soul*
(I dont know if its one for jurrasic limestone and one for
gabbro?) I dont think the *place* the rock is matters.
Which makes me wonder if the "rock and sole plaice" chippie at 47
Endell Street WC2 has anything to do with this?
What becomes difficult to visualise is the conciousness of
something like a car, made of multiple materials, or indeed how
the group conciousness of say, chips, functions.
Old January 24th, 2006, 02:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to The Reid :

Following up to Martin

Do grains of sand have a souls?
Do grains of corn have souls
What's the lowest granularity of anything with a soul?

please pay attention, Mixi has created the concept of group
souls/conciousness for non humans, so all *rock* has one *soul*
(I dont know if its one for jurrasic limestone and one for
gabbro?)

To summarize...Firstly there're diatoms occupied by the diatom group soul,
they die and they instantly become occupied by the dead-diatom group soul.
Then they become mud and are occupied by the mud-forming-diatom group soul.
Then they become limestone and are finally occupied by the rock group soul.
It's very simple.

I dont think the *place* the rock is matters.
Which makes me wonder if the "rock and sole plaice" chippie at 47
Endell Street WC2 has anything to do with this?
What becomes difficult to visualise is the conciousness of
something like a car, made of multiple materials, or indeed how
the group conciousness of say, chips, functions.

:-)
And what happens to the chip's soul when you splash it with salt and
vinegar.
--
Tim C.