No More Jetsgo?

Old May 25th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Charles Newman

"Gregory Morrow"
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net wrote in
message link.net...

Charles Newman wrote:

I suppose UT can be wrong. I notice that
Ultimate Traffic shows direct flights to several
cities in Cuba from the USA, that cannot be
possibly be right. US Passports are currently
invalid for travel to Cuba, so why wuold they have
direct flights to Cuba from the USA? Ultimate
Traffic shows direct flights to Havama, Santiago, and
Holguin from several US cities.

They are licensed charters, their operation is perfectly legal. Some
categories of US passport holders are allowed to go to Cuba...

Well, there are all kinds of crazy things in FS2004.
One of the "virtual" airlines in FS includes direct
flights between Anchorage and Damascus on a
747-400. I would thinm that Anchorage to Damascus
would be just a little bit too far for a 747 (but not too
far for a 777-200LR, 777-300, A340-500, or
A380).

Old May 25th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Ulf Kutzner

Charles Newman schrieb:

Well, there are all kinds of crazy things in FS2004.
One of the "virtual" airlines in FS includes direct
flights between Anchorage and Damascus on a
747-400. I would thinm that Anchorage to Damascus
would be just a little bit too far for a 747 (but not too
far for a 777-200LR, 777-300, A340-500, or
A380).

Maybe 747-400ER?

Design range with 420 three class pax at 396,895kg (875,000lb) MTOW
13,491km (7284nm)
747-400ER - Range at MTOW 14,205km

http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=100

Distance between Anchorage, Alaska, United States and Damascus, Syria,
as the crow flies:
5901 miles (9497 km) (5128 nautical miles)

Regards, ULF
Old May 25th, 2005, 09:55 PM

Boeing of course also had the technical specifications for the Boeing
747-400:

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/747...technical.html

Old May 27th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Charles Newman

"nobody" wrote in message
Charles Newman wrote:
When did they ever get MD88s. I know that
Ultimate Traffic had F100s and MD80s for

Checked: 14 MD83s. All leased.

Figured it had to be. There is NO MD-88.
There is the MD80, MD82, MD83, and MD90,
but there is no such thing as the MD88.

Old May 27th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Garner Miller

In article , Charles Newman
wrote:

Figured it had to be. There is NO MD-88.
There is the MD80, MD82, MD83, and MD90,
but there is no such thing as the MD88.

Really? Delta owns over a hundred of them. 16 different airlines
operated them; 7 still do. Why don't you think they exist?

http://www.planemad.net/Production_L.../MD-80/MD-88/s
tatistics.html

====
From http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=109 :

McDonnell Douglas renamed the DC-9-80 the MD-80 in 1983. The MD-80
designation however is a generic designation for the series and does
not apply to a certain model type. The specific MD-80 models are the
initial MD-81, the MD-82 with more powerful JT8D-217s, the extended
range MD-83 with extra fuel and more efficient JT8D-219s, **** and the
MD-88 (first flight August 1987) with the JT8D-219s of the MD-83 with
an EFIS flightdeck and redesigned cabin interior **** , with other
improvements.
====

--
Garner R. Miller
Clifton Park, NY =USA=
Old May 27th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Jeff Hacker

"Charles Newman" wrote in
message ...

"nobody" wrote in message
Charles Newman wrote:
When did they ever get MD88s. I know that
Ultimate Traffic had F100s and MD80s for

Checked: 14 MD83s. All leased.

Figured it had to be. There is NO MD-88.
There is the MD80, MD82, MD83, and MD90,
but there is no such thing as the MD88.

There most certainly is. It is the most numerous plane in Delta's fleet.

Old May 29th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Charles Newman

"Garner Miller" wrote in message
In article , Charles Newman
wrote:

Figured it had to be. There is NO MD-88.
There is the MD80, MD82, MD83, and MD90,
but there is no such thing as the MD88.

Really? Delta owns over a hundred of them. 16 different airlines
operated them; 7 still do. Why don't you think they exist?

Ultuimate Traffic (the latest update) has
Delts flying MD-80 aircraft, but no MD-82,
MD-83, MD-88, or MD-90 aircraft, and
this is the latest update I just got when I
renwed my suscription.

From http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=109 :

Old May 29th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Charles Newman

"Charles Newman" wrote in
message ...

From http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=109 :

McDonnell Douglas renamed the DC-9-80 the MD-80 in 1983. The MD-80
designation however is a generic designation for the series and does
not apply to a certain model type. The specific MD-80 models are the
initial MD-81, the MD-82 with more powerful JT8D-217s, the extended
range MD-83 with extra fuel and more efficient JT8D-219s, **** and the
MD-88 (first flight August 1987) with the JT8D-219s of the MD-83 with
an EFIS flightdeck and redesigned cabin interior **** , with other
improvements.
====

--
Garner R. Miller
Clifton Park, NY =USA=

One other change I see is that the latest UT
update has removed Hellinokin in Athens. I guess
they finally closed that airport down, becuase the
latest UT schedules has Hellinokin (ATX) removed
from its database of airports. I know it has been
rumored that they intended to close Hellinokin,
and I guess they finally did
And what happened to passenger service at
Mirabel in Montreal? The only flights that UT
shows out of Mirabel now are cargo flightsl.

Old June 1st, 2005, 06:15 PM
H Lem

On 05/29/05 03:11, Charles Newman wrote:
And what happened to passenger service at
Mirabel in Montreal? The only flights that UT
shows out of Mirabel now are cargo flightsl.

Pax service ceased last year sometime. I think AirTransat was one of the last
carriers to move to YUL (dorval). I remember seeing the terminal interior in
the last days of pax service. workers out numbered pax.

Maybe they'll turn the terminal area to a big warehouse for cargo.

hl
--
Univ of Toronto * Spam detterent at work! *