VOS Review - 5 night Canadian Maritimes June 13-18

Old June 20th, 2004, 02:58 AM
sheree

Default VOS Review - 5 night Canadian Maritimes June 13-18

great news jean! have a wonderful trip.

--
Sheree

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message
et...
From the other perspective....

You usually get glaciers, icebergs, whales and bald eagles on an Alaska
cruise. Are the odds the same for that in the Caribbean?

Once you go to Alaska, you want to go again and again..the scenery is
awesome...we have been twice, once a land visit and once a cruise.

Ed got the *antzies* and told me he needed another cruise.. When the
Statendam became available on this July 11th,
Cal Ford was able to get a price for me that I could not turn down..right
down to the cabin that I wanted. So, off we go again!
It includes Sitka where we will be able to get together with our
granddaughter, her hubby and our little great granddaughter!
So those are the reasons we are going! Not to mention to get away from the
constant 90+ Texas summer!

Though... I always remember that the Captain on the Constellation said

that
the best itinerary of them all is the Norwegian Fjords. I gotta do that
one, one of these years.

He wouldn't by any chance be of Scandinavian descent?
--Jean

Old June 20th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Charles wrote:

Howie wrote:

I will have to think long and hard about EVER taking another cruise in
the north Atlantic (or a first cruise to Alaska for that matter). When
we left Cape Liberty the weather was pleasant but a little cool. For
the entire rest of our cruise, with the exception of a glorious sunny
day docked in Halifax, the weather was cold, foggy, and drizzly.

That is why I have not done the New England itinerary and hesitated on
Alaska. To me a cruise is warm weather and lots of sunshine.

After having taken one cruise to Canada, I can't get Kevin to take
another because of the weather. We much prefer being warm when on a cruise.

We have played with the idea of an Alaskan cruise, we would love to see
Alaska, but we hate being cold. We will be doing Alaska in 2006, but
only because a close friend who has some serious health problems want to
go and we will go wherever she wants to go.

sue

Old June 20th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Howie wrote:

I'm not just talking about shampoo, Tom. In the past, RCCL and
Celebrity have provded things like skin lotion, shower gel, shoe shine
kits, sewing kits, etc. There was none of that on this cruise.

When we were on the Rhapsody of the Sea in Feb, also a Cat 6, we had
lotion, shower gel, shoe shine cloth, sewing kits and more that I can't
remeber.

Thanks for a great review as always!

sue

Old June 20th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"sheree" wrote in message
et...
great news jean! have a wonderful trip.

Thanks Sheree! Never even dreamed that I would be going 'afore you!! A spur
of the moment decision!
We will have to compare notes! ;-)

--Jean

Old June 20th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Howie

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Howie" wrote in message

This was our 45th cruise, and our 7th cruise on a RCCL ship. We have
sailed on two Splendour transatlantics, one transatlantic each on the
Grandeur, Brilliance, and Serenade, and one 7 day Caribbean cruise on
the Explorer. It was also only the second time that we have cruised for
less than 7 days.

Thanks, Howie,
It seems that you had the good, the bad and the in between..Five day cruises
just do not have the *flavor* of seven or longer ones,do they?. But it
sounded as if the good outweighed the bad for you two!

It generally does on cruises, Jean.

We would like to
take a Canadian cruise--but I would like to take a 7-11 day one in the fall,
heck even in the summer! Did you find it cool or did you get much use out of
your balcony?

It was quite cold and foggy for four out of our five days. We did not
get much use out of our large, lovely balcony. However, we did leave
the door open quite often, allowing both the fresh air and sound of the
sea to permeate our suite.

Ed & I are leaving on July 11th to Alaska on the Statendam..last minute
decision and it is only 18 days away, so I'm getting
excited!

How cool, Jean. It seems that you and Ed have become full fledged
cruising addicts.

Howie

Old June 20th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"sheree" wrote in message
et...

great news jean! have a wonderful trip.

Thanks Sheree! Never even dreamed that I would be going 'afore you!! A spur
of the moment decision!
We will have to compare notes! ;-)

Sheree and Jean,

I expect a report from each of you when you get back! We are most likely
going to do Alaska in 2006.

sue

Old June 20th, 2004, 04:14 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

Sheree and Jean,

I expect a report from each of you when you get back! We are most likely
going to do Alaska in 2006.

But Sue, I'm all *reported* out from the Westerdam last month! Sheree will
do it for both of us!;-)
--Jean

Old June 20th, 2004, 04:23 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

Sheree and Jean,

I expect a report from each of you when you get back! We are most likely
going to do Alaska in 2006.

But Sue, I'm all *reported* out from the Westerdam last month! Sheree will
do it for both of us!;-)

That won't do Jean, I need your cruise review as much as I need Sheree's!!

sue

Old June 20th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Jean O'Boyle

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

Sheree and Jean,

I expect a report from each of you when you get back! We are most likely
going to do Alaska in 2006.

But Sue, I'm all *reported* out from the Westerdam last month! Sheree

will
do it for both of us!;-)

That won't do Jean, I need your cruise review as much as I need Sheree's!!

sue

Yes, Mama...
--Jean ;-)

Old June 20th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Tobie Gerbrandt

Hi Jean,

Have you been checking the weather up here in the last week? I think
Whitehorse, Yukon had a record 32 degrees Celsius the other day, and it was
close to that here too.

That converts to about 90 F. At least it cools down some at night here, and
the humidity is much lower than Florida when it gets hot there. I hope it
you have great weather on your cruise. It doesn't look like we will be able
to join you. The handicap cabins on the way up are just too expensive!

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific