Digital Camera

Old July 8th, 2004, 04:11 AM
Tom & Linda

Default Digital Camera

"sheree" wrote in message
et...

!!!

*..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Old July 8th, 2004, 02:36 PM
\Van\ Van Doorne

I have Olympus C50Zoom. Find it very good and compact. Has 5 MP and all the
features one would want in a digital camera. Fits into a shirt pocket.
Usually take about 300-400 pics weekly on a cruise. I use additional 256 pic
cards rather than transferring to CD. For that I wait till I'm home.
Van in Texas

"jtc" wrote in message
ink.net...
thanks so much for all your info......I am going to check
out newegg.com and also overstock.com
I have not tried e-bay for anything

--

all incoming and outgoing mail scanned with current Norton
AntiVirus protection
"sheree" wrote in message
et...
i carry the camera. it fits in a camera case that you can

put on a belt,
just not in your pocket! we don't carry the movie camera

anymore either.
Also take the 35mm because sometimes it is better! I also

have digital
camera binoculars. Those and the 35mm go in the backpack.

I like not
carrying as much film too!

--
Sheree
"jtc" wrote in message

link.net...
so, who carries the larger camera...neither of us wants

tote anything big anymore...we have always traveled with

the
camcorder as well as still camera....tired of this now

--

all incoming and outgoing mail scanned with current

Norton
AntiVirus protection
"sheree" wrote in message
et...
i wanted more optical zoom my husband wanted small and
compact. he was
looking at the canon, but I chose the Olympus 740 with

the
10xoptical.
bulkier but I knew the zoom would be great!

--
Sheree

"jtc" wrote in message

link.net...
yes, life is full of its little moments....however I
think I
a hearing you state that for a woman the s500 is

just
fine
and as a man you feel it is too small etc. and

perhaps I
need to think about that if I want to "share" the

photo
taking with my husband......and I do

--

all incoming and outgoing mail scanned with current
Norton
AntiVirus protection
"

wrote in message

news9DGc.18688$JR4.6608@attbi_s54...
Life (and cameras) are full of trade-offs.:

My wife has the S500. I find the camera too

limiting
(not
enough range
on the zoom), too small for my hands, not enough
resolution, and too
automatic. My wife, however, loves the beast. It
certainly works for
her -- she took over 1000 pictures on our last

trip
and
has made
several computer-based slide shows she makes our
friends
watch.

Digital zoom is completely useless. You can do

exactly
the
same thing
by editing the picture on a computer.

Paul

"jtc" wrote in message

link.net...
thanks you for the information.....I have

visited
there
also, I want the optical zoom for the very

reason
that
with
just the digital zoom you are very limited

--

all incoming and outgoing mail scanned with

current
Norton
AntiVirus protection
"Lee Lindquist" wrote in message

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 13:05:11 GMT, "jtc"
wrote:

Having narrowed the decision to the Canon
Powershot
A80
and
the Canon Powershot s500 please advise first

hand
knowledge
of your use of either of these cameras or

other
similar
cameras. I want a camera with optical zoom as
well as
digital zoom.

I suggest you visit
http://www.dpreview.com

You will find reviews, sample images, and a
canon-specific
forum where folks discuss canon digital

cameras.

Also, other than a something to fill a list of
marketing
specifications, digital zoom has no value.

--
- Lee

Old July 9th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Linsifer

I've had the Canon Powershot A70 for a few years and love it! So user-friendly
an takes decent pics. It's 3.2 mega pixels and has both optical and digital
zoom. I highly recommend it! I know the A80 is an upgrade with the screen
having the capability of swiveling like a camcorder.'

Lindsay