Are You On Uncle Sam's No Fly List?

Old February 28th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Kook Watch

Default Another Kook surfaces on RTA!

Jim Davis Sr. kooked:

This all started 5 days after I requested a Damage Claim Form for a $
1,700.00 Test Scope which a TSA Employee Damaged while inspecting my tool
box. (This was 2 years ago, & no answer on that yet.)
I asked all the questions you list above.. (Everything is Documented. I
have a lot of time waiting in Airports)
A few E-Mails. (Hard Drive crashed & I lost the copies)
57 Calls to TSA - (1-866-289-3673) They took information, and said they
would return the calls. (No returned calls.)
102 Messages on their answering service. (Same Number) No Responses.
I got their Fax number, and politely asked the same questions, + the
question of being removed.
I started sending 1 fax per day for 10 days. After that, 20 per day.
(My lap top can pump out faxes like a spammer.)
After a few weeks of this, I received a call from TSA. They sent me forms
to return. They wanted me to send them notarized copies of my Birth
Certificate, Drivers License, SS#, & Proof of address. He then told me that
this would not guaranty to solve my problem. (He never would admit that
their was a list.) Did I send them this personal information?? I think not.
Also, My son has the same name (He's a Jr.) He flys occasionally, and gets
the same song & Dance.

My son, gave me the information for ACLU. I wrote to them. They requested
my files, which I E-Mailed. Catherine Kim ) (212-549-2682)
She called later & asked if I wanted to be part of the Class Action Suit. I
said "Hell Yeah!" I send her updated files regularly, and speak to her
occasionally. I told her I'm not looking for monetary damages. I just want
to be removed from the list. But I'm rethinking that.

And you wonder why you're on the TSA's No Fly List ? ! ?

Congratulations! You've just been fast-tracked to RTA Kook of the Year.
(Past winners JF Mezei, Kook of the Millenium; Michael Voight Kook of the
Decade).

The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
is unverified.

Old February 29th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Nik

Default Are You On Uncle Sam's No Fly List?

"Olivers" wrote in message
Jim Davis Sr. muttered....

57 Calls to TSA - (1-866-289-3673) They took information, and said
they would return the calls. (No returned calls.)
102 Messages on their answering service. (Same Number) No Responses.
I got their Fax number, and politely asked the same questions, + the
question of being removed.
I started sending 1 fax per day for 10 days. After that, 20 per
day.
(My lap top can pump out faxes like a spammer.)

Wow.....Didn't it occur to you that someone at TSA, after a few days of
FAXes, might perorm a relatively standard governmental
evolution....constantly reminded of your name, address and particulars,
he/she (and it could have been no more than a low level secretary)

assigned
you to the dreaded "KN&W" (Kooks, Nuts and Whackos") file drawer/data

base,
a designator existing in most federal government depatments. Over at
Homeland Security the results of such assignment works out to be worse

than
being on the Agriculture Department's **** List.

Send 20 FAXes a day to your Mayor, and within a few days, there may be an
unmarked Ford occasionally parked down the street from your house. What

you
viewed as persistence, somebody at TSA saw as semi-harassment and decided
to pull the chain on your cistern. Sure, it's wrong and inexcusable, but
as predictable as sunrise.

TMO

People in public or semi-public office should in fact be personally liable
for their use of power.

Nik.

Old February 29th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Olivers

Nik muttered....

People in public or semi-public office should in fact be personally
liable for their use of power.

Elected ones are in a sense (and for the deeds/misdeeds of the unelected
who work for them). Unfortunately, thruout the US, we all too often reward
incumbency, especially among legislators. On the other hand, the veritable
plethora of lawsuits against government and "governors" is but a copout.
Simply throwing the rascals out would be more punitive and to the thrown
out more painful.

The most decent act possible within the US electorate would be an absolute
ban on any former governmental official, elected or appointed, lobbying for
or representing any company, cause (noble or ignoble), group or
association.

TMO