60 Minutes

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:14 AM
alohacyberian

Default 60 Minutes

"devil" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 19:08:25 +0000, MTV wrote:
None wrote:
Former Treasury Secretary who got canned, supposedly for not supporting

the
tax cut or being a bush team player. "Tell all" book just out. Use a few
"grains of salt." g

Sure.

OTOH, it has been well-known that the story is true. They are on record
from even before the election that they wanted to go after Saddam.

Still, sour grapes or not, it's nice to have a public confirmation from a
former insider.

Not to mention anyone with an IQ above that of a fig newton realizes it was a
good idea to depose Saddam Hussein the and Taliban. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:14 AM
alohacyberian

"Go Fig" wrote in message
None wrote:
Former Treasury Secretary who got canned, supposedly for not supporting

the
tax cut or being a bush team player. "Tell all" book just out. Use a

few
"grains of salt." g

Sure.

OTOH, it has been well-known that the story is true. They are on record
from even before the election that they wanted to go after Saddam.

The U.S. Congress is on record, by vote, for regime change in Iraq
since 1998, that was also the position of all the U.S. Presidents since
then.

There ya go, gettin' logical again. The tattle-tale intellectual
blank-cartridge and equal intellects at CBS think his remarks portray Bush in
a bad light when in fact they're good news which is supported by the majority
of voting Americans. Whose side are they on? The losers, as usual. KM

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:14 AM
alohacyberian

"Jenn" wrote in message
In article , Go Fig
wrote:

None wrote:

Former Treasury Secretary who got canned, supposedly for not

supporting
the
tax cut or being a bush team player. "Tell all" book just out. Use a

few
"grains of salt." g

Sure.

OTOH, it has been well-known that the story is true. They are on

record
from even before the election that they wanted to go after Saddam.

The U.S. Congress is on record, by vote, for regime change in Iraq
since 1998, that was also the position of all the U.S. Presidents since
then.

I love the number of nimrods who think that attacking another country
pre-emptively is just business as usual.

You should haul out your dictionary before jumping on your horse and riding
off in all directions, getting too "intellectual" and all that stuff you
aren't used to doing. A "nimrod" is a lover of the outdoors or a hunter.
*Doh!* Granted, name-calling is the mark of the person who can't offer
rational rebuttals, but, you could at least select a personal slur that makes
the target of your venom look worse than you do. KM

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:14 AM
alohacyberian

"Jenn" wrote in message

aggressive war -- rather than defensive war -- has not been our
tradition in the past century and this emphasis on preventing war rather
than pre-emptive war kept us alive through the cold war. It is a
dangerous foolish game that these cowardly chickenhawks are playing with
our country. And it sets dangerous precedents as well as entirely

"Evil must be confronted in its womb and, if it can't be done otherwise, then
it has to be dealt with by the use of force."
~ Vaclav Havel, President Czech Republic, speech in 2002 quoted in "Velvet
President", Matt Welch, _Reason_, May 2003

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:14 AM
alohacyberian

"Go Fig" wrote in message
In article , devil
wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:16:48 -0600, Jenn wrote:
our country. And it sets dangerous precedents as well as entirely
destroying our moral authority to try to prevent war elsewhere.

Excellent point, well put.

I don't think that during the history of the cold war, those in control
were crazy. Misguided... ignorant sometimes stupid... but still they
valued human live and were concerned, to various degrees, about
opinion.

The butcher and the psychopath in N. Korea are way too unstable to have
nukes and a stockpile must be stopped.... the risk only will grow.
jay

And when North Korea is finally confronted and de-clawed, the Leftwing
Liberals will be wetting themselves, banging their high-chairs, throwing
their pablum all over the room, foaming at the mouth, gnashing their teeth,
beating their breasts, tearing their hair and shrieking to the heavens that
another totalitarian monster has gotten his just deserts and can no longer
commit atrocities against his own people. KM

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:14 AM
alohacyberian

"Go Fig" wrote in message
In article , Jenn
wrote:
our country. And it sets dangerous precedents as well as entirely
destroying our moral authority to try to prevent war elsewhere.

If on the end of your block, there was a house that was dealing drugs
and you went on record condemning this... would your moral authority be
undermined because you don't want drug dealers on your block ?

Is this block and neighborhood in jeopardy because of the drug dealer ?

If you sat back and did nothing or even just condemned it, would the
problem just go away on its own ?

If you stood out there with a video camera recording everyone that went
into that drug house, would your moral authority be undermined ?
jay

That's a bad example because a lot of Leftwing Liberals would be buying their
drugs there to "expand" their "minds". KM

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:14 AM
alohacyberian

"Jenn" wrote in message
In article , Go Fig
wrote:

so America has a right to invade any country it feels like invading?

Well, dearie, some say might makes right. No one matches American might which
rankles the hell out of Leftwing Liberals who spent all those years rooting
for the Soviet Union. But, Saddam Hussein's country was invaded because he
was in violation of enforceable United Nations Resolutions that had never
been rescinded and he was not in compliance with the Safwan Accords which he
signed and agreed to. Both not only allowed, but called for armed invasion.
Pretty simple, huh? I know, I know those silly facts never enter into the
wild-eyed fantasies of the lunatic fringe. KM

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:14 AM
alohacyberian

"nobody" wrote in message
Go Fig wrote:
world opinion as expressed at the UN. But as the UN ponders, the
psychopath in N. Korea stockpiles. The UN answers this with begs,
pleads and bribes and gets laughed at or ignored..

The UN takes collective actions when warranted.

"With the United Nations' incompetence prominently displayed by its bollixing
of the Iraqi situation, some have begun to dismiss the international
labyrinth as an irrelevant debating society. The dilatory gyrations
concerning Baghdad's reign of terror represented its most recent,
well-publicized foray into do-nothingism but were hardly atypical of the
multinational body's inactions. It's hemming and hawing over Saddam Hussein
's barbarism and illegalities for the past 12 years may have lead all
reasoned observers to question its value. Still irrelevance suggests
harmlessness, and the UN has proven itself to be anything but harmless."
~ Steven Fantina
~ http://www.americandaily.com/article.php?t=854

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:14 AM
alohacyberian

"nobody" wrote in message

Koffi Anan is not a leader, he is an administrator. It is the member states
that lead the UN. That is the way the UN was designed.

Nonesense. The United Nations Security Council calls the shots in the United
Nations and any given permanent member has the right to veto. The United
Nations wasn't patterned on a democratic system, it was patterned after the
Soviet system with its presidium and poliburo which I suppose could
euphemistically be called an oligarchy with the member nations being their
kangaroo court or rubber-stamp lackeys. KM

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:14 AM
alohacyberian

"nobody" wrote in message
Go Fig wrote:

That is where
the UN failed. It shoudl have found a way to stop the USA from illegally
invading Iraq, or at the very least, institude sanctions against the USA

the
day it bagan its invasion.

Absolute rubbish. You flatly don't know what you're talking about and
obviously have never bothered to read the resolutions regarding Iraq. The
United Nations had long since passed enforceable resolutions allowing for the
invasion of Iraq and none of those resolutions have ever been rescinded to
this day. KM

"However, the US *did* have a UN mandate to invade Iraq.

"The UN mandate was resolution 687, combined with the Safwan Accords. Go read
them. Pay attention to section C (points 7-14) and section H (point 32).

"I hadn't read point 32 myself until now. Interestingly enough, that makes
the Ansar al-Islam camp in Iraq a violation of resolution 687. At the very
least, Saddam could have condemned the presence of this camp in his country,
but he never did. This point actually required that he go further then mere
condemnation, however, and that he actually take action against the camp. Oh
well, just Yet Another Violation of the UN by Saddam.

"The US was 'allowed' to invade because UN resolution 678, point 2, allows
for the use of 'all necessary means to uphold and implement resolution 660
(1990) and all subsequent relevant resolutions and to restore international
peace and security in the area'.

"687 was a resolution subsequent to 678. Hell, 1440 was such a resolution as
well. The UN authorized the use of force against Iraq a long time ago, and
never rescinded it. The invasion was completely and utterly authorized by
the UN as provided by their own resolutions. If they didn't like it, some
country of another could have at the very least introduced a bill to rescind
this authorization.

"Nobody did.

"Guess they weren't nearly as opposed to it as some would have us believe..."
~ Edward Glamkowski