So sorry about that poor Korean man

Old June 27th, 2004, 04:46 PM
U RIKA kaka

Default Has anyone here had a Ramly burger from Malaysia?

Alfred Molon wrote:

In any case, I'll be again in a muslim country (Malaysia) at the end of
the year.

Have you ever had those chicken and beef burgers in Malaysia that are so
good that they are banned in Singapore?

Jailed for smuggling in Ramly patties

RAMLY burgers, which are made in Malaysia and known for their spicy
'Asian' taste, have such a following in Singapore that some food vendors
and their agents cannot resist smuggling in patties from across the
Causeway.

The Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) has uncovered 26 such cases
involving a total of 431kg since the beginning of last year.

Presenting its case against an illegal importer, Suzali Mohamad, 38, in
a district court yesterday, the AVA said this was an offence that was
difficult to detect.

It therefore asked that the court impose a stiff sentence on the offender.

The AVA said that meat products processed in Malaysian food factories
which it had not approved were banned here.

Suzali was yesterday jailed for four months for trying to bring in more
than 200kg of Ramly chicken and beef patties from Malaysia without a
licence, on two separate occasions in February.

He was stopped both times at the Woodlands Checkpoint.

The court heard that he was found with almost 150kg of patties in his
vehicle the first time.

He was asked to attend an interview eight days later at the AVA office,
but did not show up.

He was picked up at the Woodlands Checkpoint later that evening with
more bags of burger patties hidden under the rear seat and bonnet of his
car.

AVA prosecutor Yap Teck Chuan said that Suzali was a recalcitrant
offender, having been warned for importing 9kg of Ramly beef patties on
May 1 last year without a licence.

He added that many complaints had been received from the public about
Ramly burgers being sold in night markets. *who?!*

A Straits Times report in January had said that the number of vendors
selling Ramly burgers here has doubled in the past two years.
Old June 27th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Dieter Aaaa

Default So sorry about that poor Korean man

"Alfred Molon" schreef in bericht
me wrote:

As from now, any place between Istanbul and Rangoon is strictly
off-limits, except for Nepal, South India, China (except for
Xinxiang), Thailand, Indochina and North-East Asia. So is all of
Africa north of the Equator.

Oh well. We were in Egypt last December and experienced absolutely no
problems. Not sure if this was because we're not Americans, or because
people there are simply friendly.

In any case, I'll be again in a muslim country (Malaysia) at the end of
the year.
Alfred Molon

Alfred !
what happened with your strong moral principles ?

Old June 28th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Peter Webb

So somebody writes about about a poor Korean innocent being killed, and you
leap into an immediate attack on Americans.

Lets look at your original post in its entirity:

"Have you also slept very poorly thinking of the ten thousands of
Iraqis killed by American cluster bombs, depleted uranium, snipers who
shoot "for fun" from high buildings at women and children, the recent
bombing of innocents in Fallujah, the victims of the wedding massacre,
the poor tortured to death and so on?"

From the top:

"Have you also slept very poorly thinking of the ten thousands of
Iraqis killed by American cluster bombs"

No evidence of tens of thousands killed; best estimate is 5,000 killed
liberating Iraq (Amnesty International) in total. No mention of cluster bomb
deaths whatsoever in any of your justifying posts.

"depleted uranium"

Long diatribe from you about radioactive hazard. I pointed to WHO reports of
no risk to locals, and made the observation that DU was not actually
particularly radioactive and quite commonly used in industry. Best you could
find was a 1999 suggestion that care be exercised when entering bombed out
tanks. Somewhere less than the death of 500,000 Iraqis under Saddam, I would
of thought.

"snipers who
shoot "for fun" from high buildings at women and children"

No substantiating evidence provided.

"the recent bombing of innocents in Fallujah"

Ummm ... no evidence that innocents were targetted. Its a war of liberation.
People will get killed. Thankfully its far less than the hundreds of
thousands killed that many predicted; indeed, by the scale of murder of
innocents under Saddam, its way less than what happened every day under
Saddam.

"the victims of the wedding massacre"

As you acknowledge, they were shooting AK47 into the air at the time. I note
that an unarmed C140 carrying food supplies into Iraq was shot at this
morning and a civilian contractor killed - planes do get shot at all the
time. Perhaps they should have landed and asked if a wedding was underway?
You acknowledged that the shooting of the wedding party was an accident -
hard to see how this is evidence of any American evil.

"the poor tortured to death"

An unsubstantiated report of unnamed people provided by an unknown reporter
quoting from an unnamed report. Somewhat flimsy evidence, I would have
thought?

And that ... apart from a "and so on" ... is your full roll call of American
evil in Iraq.

There are over 100,000 coalition troops attempting to stabilise and bring
democracy to a country of 20 million, and the worst evidence you can find of
American wrong-doing is what you have provided above?

How come you didn't talk about the hundreds of thousands of people killed by
Saddam, Kurds gassed to death, systematic rape of Iraq's wealth by Saddam,
or his direct payment of suicide bombers and sponsoring of terrorism? It
would seem just as relevant to the suffering of "that poor Korean man", and
is at least well documented and of huge scale?

Your anti-American racism is extremely repugnant. You invent reasons to hate
them, and then post these fictions on the internet. And please, don't give
me the "some of my best friends are American" crap, or "not all Americans
are bad". Its pretty obvious what you are ...

Old June 28th, 2004, 12:12 PM
John L

There is not one shred or mountain of evidence that would ever
convince you with your "gotta win the argument at any cost" & "don't
let the truth get in the way" personality.

John L.

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:22:07 +1000, "Peter Webb"
wrote:

As has been said many times, but for which not one single shred of evidence
has been presented.

Old June 28th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Peter Webb

"Thomas F. Unke" wrote in message
Addendum:

As I have received an email asking about the US snipers in Falluja,
which where documented by a film team, here is another link which
documents this terrible reign of terror (Peter Webb will call it
"liberation"):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...193729,00.html

Excerpt:

The main hospital apparently has been destroyed by bombing and the
second largest is covered by US snipers - the Iraqis call it sniper
alley. So Iraqi people are not able to get to and from the
hospitals. I was working from a private clinic that had been turned
into a hospital, and there was also one other improvised hospital in
a car garage.

An elderly woman with a wound to the head was still carrying the
white flag she had been holding when she was shot. They were all
saying it was American snipers shooting - and we know that the US is
using armed marines on rooftops to hold the parts of city they are
controlling.

That is the only evidence that it was Americans. One might wonder how a
grandmother was able to identify the nationality of a sniper hidden on a
distant rooftop after she had been shot. I would of thought that
grandmothers when shot would tend to fall to the ground screaming, and in
practice would have no idea of where the shot came from, let alone who fired
it. But still, her word is good enough for you. And the statement that it
was done for "fun" that appeared in your post is noticably absent from the
article - you made this bit up, or have you got a link for that as well?

BTW, why did you snip the part of the story which said " I saw boys,
about 11 years old, masked up and holding AK-47s.". Does the fact that she
could just have easily been shot by an 11 year old with an AK47 somewhat
diminish your argument? Or does at least the presence of armed 11 year
olds - and the huge sectarian violence in Falluja generally - make you
understand why the US is risking so much to try and bring some security to
Falluja?

Still, I note, no mention by you of the 500,000 bodies in mass graves
outside Bagdhad. In your mind these are inconsequential compared to the
atrocities of the Americans, of course. Such is racism.

Pleasingly, you have dropped the claims of "ten thousands of Iraqis killed
by American cluster bombs", any claim of harm from "depleted uranium", have
admitted "the wedding massacre" was an unfortunate accident with some Iraqi
culpability, and have acknowledged that there is no substantiated evidence
that of "the poor tortured to death".

Old June 29th, 2004, 04:34 AM
Peter Webb

"Peter Webb" writes:

Pleasingly, you have dropped the claims of "ten thousands of Iraqis
killed by American cluster bombs", any claim of harm from "depleted
uranium", have admitted "the wedding massacre" was an unfortunate
accident with some Iraqi culpability, and have acknowledged that
there is no substantiated evidence that of "the poor tortured to
death".

Finally you resort to plain lies.

End of discussion.

What's the lie?

You have dropped the claims of "ten thousands of Iraqis killed by American
cluster bombs". The words "cluster bomb" have not been used by you in any
post after your first, nor in any of the links. You have quite literally
dropped the claim that this true rather than attempting to defend it. Which
is what I said above.

You have dropped any claim of harm from depleted Uranium. After I posted the
link to a WHO report that identified that it wasn't radioactive and there
was no threat of harm to locals, you posted a 1999 warning to exercise care
when entering exploded tanks (doh); since then, you have posted no claim of
harm. Nor have you disputed the WHO findings. Again, you have simply dropped
the claim. Which is what I said above.

Your own post regarding the wedding massacre admitted that it was not
pre-meditated and accepted that the Iraqis were shooting AK47s into the air
when US planes were flying overhead. Insofar as this was the proximate
cause, there was clearly some Iraqi culpability in the accident, a point you
did not dispute. Which is what I said above.

You did not dispute that there is no substantiated evidence of "the poor
being tortured to death", and nor have you subsequently provided any
substantiation. You have dropped the claim. Which is what I said above.

So exactly how am I lying in what I said above?

Old June 29th, 2004, 10:19 AM
John L

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:54:22 +1000, "Peter Webb"
wrote:

But this all crap.

Let's get one thing straight Pete, YOU are ALL crap.

John L.

Old June 29th, 2004, 03:53 PM
michael

Peter Webb wrote:

So exactly how am I lying in what I said above?

all your crap is based in the premise that the USA is gifting "democracy
to the Iraqui people" or some such mindless twaddle... i doubt that you
are lying... you are deluded and not particularly careful in your
thought or use of words... it's common... go back to whatever you have
for FOX news in your part of the world... do you vote against non-white
immigration to your little colony down there too?

michael

Old June 29th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Gerry

In article , Peter Webb
wrote:

The Americans are laying down the lives of their sons and daughters every
day to bring freedom to people living in hell for 20 years, and you spit in
their face.

The American military is laying down their lives for those who control
the government. All the patriotic songs in the universe won't make this
handful of wealthy men's intent valid nor the destruction they cause
"right". They are there to make personal fortunes, and to secure
future power for the USA.

--
First they gerrymander us into one-party fiefs. Then they tell us they only
care about the swing districts. Then they complain about voter apathy.
Old June 30th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Peter Webb

"michael" wrote in message

Peter Webb wrote:

So exactly how am I lying in what I said above?

all your crap is based in the premise that the USA is gifting "democracy
to the Iraqui people" or some such mindless twaddle... i doubt that you
are lying... you are deluded and not particularly careful in your
thought or use of words... it's common... go back to whatever you have
for FOX news in your part of the world... do you vote against non-white
immigration to your little colony down there too?

michael

Ummm ... so if I wasn't lying and I was deluded ... what was deluded in what
I wrote above (the bit you snipped)?

How and where have I not been careful in my choice of words?

And no, I am a big supporter of inbound immigration, and believe it should
be increased - in particular I would like to see a lot more East Asian
immigration. Why do you ask? What has this got to do with the liberation of
Iraq?