What countries have the best exchange rate for the dollar?

Old September 28th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Edwardseco

Default What countries have the best exchange rate for the dollar?

In article . net, "King"
writes:

I wrote dollar because I wanted the reader to know I was from the US......
not some other country

Face it kid, no matter what you wrote the bigots from Europe would have been
down on you. If its any comfort the Australians recently went through this when
their currency took a dive. The elitists can't stand ordinary people trying to
fend their way through life.
edwardseco
Old September 28th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Edwardseco

In article , Gerry Scott-Moore
writes:

Makes me wonder why everybody seems so happy

Maybe they have a right to their opinion, novel concept for Europe. That is,
unless they belong to a union.
edwardseco
Old September 28th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Edwardseco

In article . net, "King"
writes:

Yea....I love DIFFERNT cultures, food, people, religions, etc. I just
cannot visit them all at one time.
I'd prefer to go some place, like a previous post said......that I can stay
a 2 weeks instead of 2 days.

Seems simple economic judgement, too deep for the travel snobs though.
edwardseco
Old September 29th, 2003, 01:04 AM
Jim Ley

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:51:14 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

Exchange rate does not indicate what the money, once exchanged, will buy.
You may get 5,000 EscudoSolPesos per dollar, but if the cost of living in
whatever country we are talking about is high, there is no advantage to
getting 5,0000 EscudoSolPesos over getting some other currency that converts
at 10 to the dollar or 3 to the dollar.

Of course not, which is why asking the question "which country has a
good exchange rate with the dollar?" isn't mentioning anything about
5,000, or any numbers, it's asking which are good.

I think lots of people understood the question well enough.

A good exchange rate for a tourist is clearly one which makes things
you buy cheaper at the destination, it's got nothing to do with the
units used.

Jim.
Old September 29th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Miguel Cruz

David Eduardo wrote:
"Miguel Cruz" wrote:
I think you are picking a fight where none is necessary. He earns money in
dollars. He has a bank account with dollars in it. Now he wants to go out
and spend them, and he wants to know where he would get the most value for
each one.

Exchange rate does not indicate what the money, once exchanged, will buy.
You may get 5,000 EscudoSolPesos per dollar, but if the cost of living in
whatever country we are talking about is high, there is no advantage to
getting 5,0000 EscudoSolPesos over getting some other currency that converts
at 10 to the dollar or 3 to the dollar.

I think that alone is enough to conclude that the meaning of "best" you've
inferred is not what he intended. He didn't ask "What countries have the
most currency units per dollar?"

.... though there is probably some vague correlation, especially if we can
imagine Japan out of existence.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.
Old September 29th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Peter L

China is not that cheap, and HK is downright expensive (athough much cheaper
than before). Vietnam is relatively inexpensive, as is Malaysia and
Indonesia.

India can be very inexpensive.

"King" wrote in message
ink.net...
Yea...I love South & Central America. I've seen most of the continent
except Terra del Fuego.
I'm headed down to Peru next month.
I've got to get out though, and see some other parts of the world.
I've never been to the Asian countries. I was trying to narrow down China
(Beijing, Shanghai, HK), Mongolia, Vietnam, Bangkok,etc.
I'll also eventually get to India and Turkey.
I've seen some of Europe, and most of the Middle East but would like to

get
in more there.

You can see from my original post why I ask the question about exchange
rates and value for the dollar. It's not that I will never travel to

these
places...it's just that there's so many places to see....things to
do...........

"really man" wrote in message
Yea....I love DIFFERNT cultures, food, people, religions, etc. I just
cannot visit them all at one time.
I'd prefer to go some place, like a previous post said......that I can

stay
a 2 weeks instead of 2 days.

If you have any facility in Spanish, South America will be cheap.

Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Chile, alll good bets. I'd
stay out of Colombia without a guide (preferably someone visiting home);

the other countries I've never been or have no
reliable info.

-C