Pizza; flower delivery

Old November 16th, 2004, 03:18 AM
RAK

"Tchiowa" wrote in message
om...
(Miguel Cruz) wrote in message
Jones_Mike wrote:
Thanks for the replies, especially the guy who supplied the url.
Another problem has crept in that makes me hesitate; that is a story on
another board about having to have his credit card reissued once he
gave
it to a Thai restaurant. I don't know if my plan is worth the risk.

There's a much greater risk of fraud if you use your credit card in
person.
Then they can clone it, including the other security features. Via a web
site they just get the number, name, and expiration date.

True. And if your credit card is misused, you don't have to pay.
Annoying to get a card replaced, but that's minor.

I've used my credit cards literally hundreds of times in Thailand.
Never had a problem. I've had problems with someone stealing my CC
info twice in my life. Once when I used it in Florida and once when I
used it in Jakarta. Never in Thailand.

Agree too.
Jakarta/Indonesia is a serious problem in retail outlets.
One of my UK banks automatically suspends my card if it is used in a shop in
Indonesia (but no problem in ATMs).
It was a nuisance until I realised what was going on. Now I use cash nearly
all the time, and only rarely use other cards in large department stores etc
which have electronic card readers where I can sign an electronic pad.
When I was still using it here (Jakarta) I was getting fraudulent activity
maybe twice a year; It was a nuisance as the bank will not post replacement
cards to Indonesia. I never lost my own money, but it probably cost a bank a
packet judging by the list of fraudulent transactions they read out one time
("Did you buy a TV in Melbourne last week?" "No, haven't been to Australia
for over a year". "So I guess the DVD player, laptop and speedboat in Sydney
are not yours either?" "Umm, no" "Then we'll remove all Australian
transactions." "Thank you". OK, I made up the speedboat).

Never had a problem with internet sales.