A day of photography at Doi Intahnon

Old January 31st, 2005, 09:56 PM
new22003

This is wild and a bit funny. Could someone fill us non thailand guys in
on this situation?

--
new22003
new22003's Profile: http://travelforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=634

Old February 1st, 2005, 03:11 AM
pickle

"Takin Gthe****" wrote in message

"Steve Kombat Kramer" wrote in message

Rick Armstrong wrote:

This post from Steve shows just how desperate things have become. Why
else
would he have posted that message?

Say Hey !!

Weegie is so paranoid now that he probably holds his breath when he switches
on the ignition key in his Suzuki rice burner #713 !!

5555 Yee-Haw !!

Old February 1st, 2005, 11:14 AM
Alex Gitlits

Steve Kramer wrote:
A group of 7 advanced photo shooters wanted some lessons in waterfall
photography so we loaded up a min-van and headed up to Doi Inthanon and
the Ma Ya waterfalls for the morning, studying the use of neutral
density and graduated neutral density filters along with polarizers to
balance out the tonal values of light and shadows. I usually don't take
groups larger than 3-4 but as these folks were all traveling together I
decided to break my traditions. After a good picnic lunch by the river,
we went to the Mae Klong falls for another orientation of the water
flow, then further up the mountain to the Karen village for some candid
people photography utilizing flash photography inside and around the
village and houses, and where we were invited in for dinner. I've been
photographing this village and the lovely folks in it for the past three
years and we've built up a nice report. It's a prosperous village as
they all work together as a co-op, and the village shows that spirit of
co-operation in everything they do. A good day was had by all. Doi
Inthanon is a beautiful venue for photography.

Steve Kramer
"PhotoEnvisions" Freelance Photography
Chiang Mai, Thailand
http://www.photoenvisions.com

Sounds great, Steve. Hope to take a lesson from you one day. Been to Doi
Inthanon in 2003 and loved it. We rented a car and went there by
ourselves, much better than with a tour. Pity that time I wasn't into
photography. Now that I have my D70, can't wait for another visit.

Cheers
Alex
Old February 1st, 2005, 03:20 PM
Steve Kramer

Alex Gitlits wrote:

Steve Kramer wrote:
[...]

Glad to have you along. Tours are fine, but not for photographers. They
tend to move much too quickly, and don't really know the best times of
the day for the best lighting in the areas we want to shoot, much less
give you instruction in how to get the best results from your equipment.
Sometimes it's as simple as adding a graduated neutral density soft
edged filter to balance out the lighting, while other times just a
polarizer will give you the effect you want. Come along a shoot with us.
Your D70 is a fine camera that can give you professional results easily.
I'd have to say that 1/3 of my students these days are shooting with it,
with another 1/3 using the Canon EOS 300D. No need to spend thousands of
dollars on equipment. The extra money is better spent seeing and
learning about different parts of the world.

Steve Kramer
"PhotoEnvisions" Freelance Photography
Chiang Mai, Thailand
http://www.photoenvisions.com
--
"The voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new horizons, but in seeing
with new eyes." - Marcel Proust
Old February 1st, 2005, 03:22 PM
Chabon 19

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 22:20:52 +0700, Steve Kramer
wrote:

The extra money is better spent seeing and
learning about different parts of the world.

By means of paying you???
Old February 1st, 2005, 03:30 PM
Steve Kramer

Chabby, you keep poking your nose in where it's not needed... sooooo
here we go again.....

Chabon...... Al Qa'ida connection?

What is there a connection between them?

How do we handle a terrorist threat?

Is it really an Al Qa'ida group connection or perhaps Abu Sayyaf, Ansar
Al-Islam, or HAMAS?

Chubby, could you shed some light on your current affiliations?

Just in case... http://www.bt.cdc.gov/DocumentsApp/HAN50.pdf
Updated Information About How to Recognize and Handle a Suspicious
Package or Envelope if he sends you one.

Chabby, do you supply them with semtex or C4? Or are just a courier?
Old February 1st, 2005, 03:46 PM
Chabon 19

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 22:30:38 +0700, Steve Kramer
wrote:

Chabby, you keep poking your nose in where it's not needed... sooooo
here we go again.....

You really thought you could blackmail me?
Dance again Kramer - dance!
Old February 1st, 2005, 09:08 PM
LarbGai

In article ,
says...

http://www.pattayalovers.com/webphotos/vagrant.jpg

Old February 1st, 2005, 10:35 PM
Bill Blazer

"Alex Gitlits" wrote in message
u...
Steve Kramer wrote:
[...]

Say Hey Alfie !!

How many kilometers to the liter do you get with that D70. Is it petrol
diesel ??

5555 Yee-Haw !!