why do people consider san fran northern california?

Old February 23rd, 2005, 01:27 PM
Keith W

"Icono Clast" wrote in message
news:1109161158.8164425b5dea4ae287e7d088fa1d1041@t eranews...
Hatunen wrote:
Icono Clast wrote:
Most of the racists I've met have been from Ohio.

Goodness, how any racists have you met and what percent cae from Ohio.

I've met many racists from many places as I'm sure most of us have.
So many of them have been from Ohio, and my observations while
visiting that state, have caused me to say that.

Having lived in Columbus Ohio bewteen 1996 and 1999 I
have to say that I didnt notice the local populace being any
more racist thany most other places in the USA. Indeed the
company I worked for was rather well integrated with plenty
of black and asian employees at all levels.

Keith

Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:09 PM
Hatunen

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 04:10:05 -0800, Icono Clast
wrote:

Hatunen wrote:
Icono Clast wrote:
Most of the racists I've met have been from Ohio.

Goodness, how any racists have you met and what percent cae from
Ohio.

I've met many racists from many places as I'm sure most of us have.
So many of them have been from Ohio, and my observations while
visiting that state, have caused me to say that.

My first experience was in the early '50s when I was showing a couple
from Columbus around town.

Oh, well, the early 50s, yeah. I won't argue about that.

Old February 24th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Alan Pollock

Icono Clast wrote:

Most of the racists I've met have been from Ohio.

My first experience was in the early '50s when I was showing a couple

Yes yes, etc etc

There have been many more over the years such as the furniture mover
who, seeing an Asian man entering the house next door commented to
his co-worker "A bit nippy around here, isn't it."

But that one's actually comical; all depends how he said it. A simple
tasteless quip/punlet, or a true mean-spirited slur? Could be either and
remember: there's a big diff between the two.

Unfortunately your powers of observation Icono, are so under-developed that
your anecdote tells us little except that you're quick to pull out the
proverbial six-shooter and in typical flailing style fire at Ohio, a state
with a population of Twelve Million souls.

Sort of a modern-day PC anti-racist racist, are you? Studiously unproductive
because all you've done is spin round full circle, leaving nothing but little
ineffectual bubbles floating over your head, for all to see. Nex

(tryouts for Inspecteur Clouseau next Thursday - Icono, be zere)
Old February 24th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Icono Clast

Hatunen wrote:
For the newcomer it's usaully the opposite problem:"There's an
injury accident on the west bound East Shore Freeway a the
Richmond cutoff". What newcomer knows where the East Shore
Freeway is?

Or the Richmond cutoff or what to do to avoid the problem. Newcomers
and tourists are irrelevant because they are few in number and don't
know how to avoid what might be ahead of them.

Or in LA as you come down I-5 from Newhall: "There's a sigalert
for the Santa Ana at the Newport freeway." or worse, "There's a
truck overturn at the Spaghetti Bowl and traffic is backed up for
miles on the east bound Santa Monica.

Exactly! Locals understand that perfectly well and know what to do
about it. Tourists and newcomers don't. Who cares? Traffic reports
should be explicitly clear to locals without the distraction of
having to try to figure out what's meant! Those broadcast here are not.
Southern California's Four Seasons:
Earthquake, Mudslide, Brushfire, and Riot
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net
Old February 24th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Icono Clast

Alan Pollock wrote:
Icono Clast wrote:
Most of the racists I've met have been from Ohio.

Unfortunately your powers of observation Icono, are so
under-developed that your anecdote tells us little except that
you're quick to pull out the proverbial six-shooter and in typical
flailing style fire at Ohio, a state with a population of Twelve
Million souls.

Your inability to comprehend what's written is made apparent by the
preceding paragraph. I cast no aspersions upon, nor made any
conclusions about, Ohio -- just the many racists from there who I've
met. Most of the racists I've met have been from Ohio.

There have been many more over the years such as the furniture
mover who, seeing an Asian man entering the house next door
commented to his co-worker "A bit nippy around here, isn't it."

But that one's actually comical; all depends how he said it. A
simple tasteless quip/punlet, or a true mean-spirited slur? Could
be either and remember: there's a big diff between the two.

Had it not seemed to me to be "a true mean-spirited slur" I'd've
probably not remembered it. Because I was devoid of expression he
said to his co-worker "He doesn't get it".

Sort of a modern-day PC anti-racist racist, are you? Studiously
unproductive because all you've done is spin round full circle,
leaving nothing but little ineffectual bubbles floating over your
head, for all to see. Nex

(tryouts for Inspecteur Clouseau next Thursday - Icono, be zere)

Right arm!
Un San Francisqueño en San Francisco