Bali Visa

Old March 3rd, 2005, 09:12 AM
ash

Default Bali Visa

2 different websites say different things about a UK national getting a
holiday visa for Bali-one says visa on arrival the other says you must get
it in advance.
Anybody know?

Old March 3rd, 2005, 10:00 AM
Peter Joseph

I am a resident of the UK and when I visited in June last year I was issued
with a 30 day non extendable visa for 25 US$ on arrival
Pete

Old March 3rd, 2005, 02:43 PM
Miguel Cruz

ash wrote:
"Peter Joseph" wrote:
"ash" wrote:
2 different websites say different things about a UK national getting a
holiday visa for Bali-one says visa on arrival the other says you must
get it in advance.

I am a resident of the UK and when I visited in June last year I was issued
with a 30 day non extendable visa for 25 US$ on arrival

was it fairly hassle free?

It's very easy (I did it just over a week ago). Seems to be best if you have
the $25 in US cash. They can make change if you don't have the exact amount.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 35 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Latest photos: Malaysia, Israel, Palestine, Austria, Thailand

Old March 3rd, 2005, 10:07 PM
RAK

"ash" wrote in message
2 different websites say different things about a UK national getting a
holiday visa for Bali-one says visa on arrival the other says you must get
it in advance.
Anybody know?

Both are allowed.
It was very easy in Jakarta a few weeks back, it took 2-3 minutes, no queue.
I normally do not carry US$ and paid in UKŁ - no problem at all, change was
given in rupiah of course and I think the exchange rate was OK. Bali may
have more queues than Jakarta I suppose, but the process is the same.
The advantage of getting the visa in advance in the UK is that you can
supposedly get get 60 days instead of 30. Beware of calling the embassy
there for advice - it is (or was) a very expensive premium rate call to the
information number.

Roger

Old March 3rd, 2005, 10:29 PM
ash

Thanks for that
"RAK" wrote in message
news:1109887627.c21fe9bf0bded8c0db0f987be9ed32a8@t eranews...

Old March 3rd, 2005, 10:41 PM
Jan

We were in Bali 3 weeks ago, Visa issued on arrival at the airport, only
took a couple of minutes, we paid by credit card.

Jan

Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:10 PM
Dave Fossett

"ash" wrote:

was it fairly hassle free?

Queue up, pay the money at one window, then shuffle a few yards to the next
window to get the visa. I recall there was another window for people to
exchange money to US dollars.
In short, have the exact money in US dollars before you arrive, and try and
get off the plane as quickly as you can to beat the queue.

--
Dave Fossett
Saitama, Japan