Where to buy clothes in Thailand or India?

Old September 28th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Viviane

In Thailand it would be cheaper to get the clothes made than to buy in a
shop and the quality will be better. This would be easier if you are tall -
my husband had trouble finding clothes that fit him in the shops as he is a
sturdy 1.8m (6' to my American friends). Same problem with shoes - nothing
came in his size.

Fake watches are fun but won't last that long. You may have trouble
bringing it back to wherever you live. The ones we have bought have worked
well and have been cheaper than the price of a watch battery in Australia.

"haary" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello:

I have to buy new fashionable suits, ties, shoes, glasses and a watch.

As a student I do not have much money. Therefore I cannot buy new
fashionable suits, shoes, ties etc. here in my country because it is
very expensive and I need not just one suit, one pair of shoes etc.,
but several.

I was thinking to make a short trip to India or Thailand in order to
buy the suits, shoes, ties, glasses and watches cheaply.

Where in India (or Thailand) can I buy them? Can you tell me exact
location? Are they in the same quality like in Europe or North America?

Where in Mumbai, Chennai or Goa can I find such shopping malls where I
can buy fashionable suits and shoes in excellent quality?

Please help me.

Thanks.

Regards,

Haary

Old September 28th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Chris Blunt

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:42:30 +0200, Ralph Holz
wrote:

Hi,

I am also looking for a nice watch. I have heard that in Shanghai/China
I can buy $20.000 Rolex for just $20 and that the quality would be
almost the same. Can I buy such watches in India or Thailand, too?

Are you serious? How can a fake Rolex be the same quality as the original? Most
of those that you can buy in Thailand don't even look like one (that is, if you
know what a Rolex looks like). If you want to impress anyone, forget it. If
you're looking for a nice, suitable watch that might or might not keep for a
while - a fake is more like 4 USD, not 20. Of course, the whole thing is
illegal. :-)

There are different kinds of fake watches.

One is the cheap imitations that sell in the street markets for just a
few US$. As you say, they often don't look remotely like the real
thing and are nothing more than toys to joke with friends about back
home.

There are other fakes that are much higher quality and cost a lot
more. These are well-made and designed to look as indistinguishable
from the real thing as possible. Some dealers of the original brands
often can't tell them apart from the genuine product until they've
examined them quite closely. When you buy an original Rolex, part of
what you're paying for is quality, but you're also paying a lot just
for the brand name. Its possible to make imitations of these with
similar quality, but at a much lower price.

Chris
Old September 28th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Chris Blunt" kirjoitti
om...

examined them quite closely. When you buy an original Rolex, part of
what you're paying for is quality, but you're also paying a lot just
for the brand name.

A digital time piece which costs a few euros is probably more accurate than
a Rolex (genuine or not). The Swiss manufacturer is not too cunning but
there are plenty of simple minded folks around who can affort such a toy.

Old September 28th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Ralph Holz

Hi,

One is the cheap imitations that sell in the street markets for just a
few US$. As you say, they often don't look remotely like the real
thing and are nothing more than toys to joke with friends about back
home.

And if they work, they can be quite a good substitute for a cheap watch that you
buy at home. Buy two to get a better chance. ;-)

There are other fakes that are much higher quality and cost a lot
more. These are well-made and designed to look as indistinguishable
from the real thing as possible. Some dealers of the original brands
often can't tell them apart from the genuine product until they've
examined them quite closely. When you buy an original Rolex, part of

I suppose so. Where do you get these - I reckon you'll have to get in touch with
a local dealer? Though I wouldn't be interested in buying.

Ralph

--
For contact details, please see www.ralphholz.de.
Old September 28th, 2005, 08:12 PM
haary

Hello to @, especially to

@ Stimp
@ edgy
@ Matt Hardy

Thanks a lot for your valuable information. I will visit Southeast Asia
at the end of this year and I am very excited as it will be my first
journey to this corner of the world.

Stimp, could you please tell me where exactly in Hoi An / Vietnam you
go to get your Armani and Hugo Boss suits? If you do not want to
disclosure it publicy, email me, please. Haary [at] directbox [dot] com

I have found this website about Hoi An:
http://www.vngold.com/ha/
http://www.thingsasian.com/goto_arti...ticle.968.html

How can I get from Bangkok to Hoi An cheaply?

I am interested in relaxing at a beach, too. As Phuket has been
destroyed by the Tsunami and as it is crowded with tourists, and as I
already plan to make a trip to Hoi An because of getting suits, can you
please tell me beautiful beaches closed to Hoi An in Vietnam? Or are
Vietnamese beaches not clean and not beautiful in comparison to Thai
beaches?

Thanks in advance.

Old September 28th, 2005, 08:57 PM
schmuckputz

"Ralph Holz" wrote in message
Hi,

There are other fakes that are much higher quality and cost a lot
more. These are well-made and designed to look as indistinguishable
from the real thing as possible. Some dealers of the original brands
often can't tell them apart from the genuine product until they've
examined them quite closely. When you buy an original Rolex, part of

I suppose so. Where do you get these - I reckon you'll have to get in
touch with a local dealer? Though I wouldn't be interested in buying.

According to the following website, high quality "copy watches" can be found
at MBK Centre in Bangkok (scroll down to the section on watches). Prices
range from 2000 to 6000 baht ($50 to $150).

http://www.bangkokbob.net/shopping.html

Old September 29th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Tchiowa

haary wrote:
Hello to @, especially to

@ Stimp
@ edgy
@ Matt Hardy

Thanks a lot for your valuable information. I will visit Southeast Asia
at the end of this year and I am very excited as it will be my first
journey to this corner of the world.

Stimp, could you please tell me where exactly in Hoi An / Vietnam you
go to get your Armani and Hugo Boss suits?

I know you don't want to hear this but you'd better pay some attention
before you waste a whole lot of money.

You said in your initial post that you wanted to look "fashionable".
Now you're talking about cheap, fake Armani suits. Do you know what
cheap, fake Armani suits look like? They look like cheap, fake Armani
suits. You won't look "fashionable". You'll look like someone who is
trying to look fashionable by wearing cheap, fake Armani suits. You'll
be a laughing stock. And if you go into the business world dressed like
that the good bosses will spot it in a second and you will go way down
in their opinions.

Save your money. Go on vacation where ever you want to but don't delude
yourself that you can buy cheap, fake Armani suits that are going to
look anything like the real ones. Accept the fact that you are a
student just starting out in the world and be as fashionable as you can
with what you've got and let the other clowns look silly pretending to
be something they're not.

The song lyrics are wrong. The world doesn't love wannabes. It laughs
at them.

Old September 29th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Stimp

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 haary wrote:

Stimp, could you please tell me where exactly in Hoi An / Vietnam you
go to get your Armani and Hugo Boss suits? If you do not want to
disclosure it publicy, email me, please. Haary [at] directbox [dot] com

There's a large 'market'-type of building... looking rather like a
warehouse in the centre of Hoi An that houses some 40-50 different
mini-tailor shops. You can ask any taxi driver where this building is..
don't go to one of the private tailor shops since they will probably
charge you more.

In the tailor market, go to the far right at the back of the building
and go to the tailor called 'Thin Phatt' (if they are still there).
Those are the guys I used, and if Ti is there, tell her I said "Hi"

I have found this website about Hoi An:
http://www.vngold.com/ha/
http://www.thingsasian.com/goto_arti...ticle.968.html

How can I get from Bangkok to Hoi An cheaply?

not sure, I went to Vietnam through Cambodia. I'm sure there are very
cheap flights if you look around though. If you REALLY want to make it
cheap (and enjoy some scenery) consider taking a bus through Cambodia,
but be prepared to see some major poverty on the border with Thailand.

I am interested in relaxing at a beach, too. As Phuket has been
destroyed by the Tsunami and as it is crowded with tourists, and as I
already plan to make a trip to Hoi An because of getting suits, can you
please tell me beautiful beaches closed to Hoi An in Vietnam? Or are
Vietnamese beaches not clean and not beautiful in comparison to Thai
beaches?

Hoi An has some beautiful beaches! In fact, far better than Nha Trang
which is touted as the best beach-spot in Vietnam. Also it's less
touristy.

--

"I hear ma train a comin'
.... hear freedom comin"
Old September 29th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Stimp

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 Tchiowa wrote:

haary wrote:
[...]

jesus man you're bitter.. bad experience getting clothes made I take it

I wear my suits to work all the time.. they're quality kashmir and I've
been complimented by others at work who asked where they could something
similar.

--

"I hear ma train a comin'
.... hear freedom comin"
Old September 29th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Tchiowa

Stimp wrote:
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 Tchiowa wrote:

snip

And if you go into the business world dressed like
that the good bosses will spot it in a second and you will go way down
in their opinions.

jesus man you're bitter.. bad experience getting clothes made I take it

Nope. Fortunately for me I'm not required to dress like that any more.
:-)

However I have been involved in recuriting and hiring and I can tell
you that the first impression is critical. While no one factor is
decisive there is no doubt that if you look like you're "faking it"
it's going to be a mark in the minus column when decisions are made.