Man in Cargo Plane Exposes Security Gaps

Old September 11th, 2003, 11:42 PM
Peter L

Default Man in Cargo Plane Exposes Security Gaps

"Yaofeng" wrote in message
om...
"Peter L" wrote in message

"mrtravel" wrote in message
. ..
admin wrote:

``If you're wearing a dress and heels, you'll get searched,'' he

said.
``If you're wearing a box like Charles McKinley, neither you nor the
box will get searched.''

More Homeland Security hype..

This was a cargo plane.
How many injuries could he have caused among passengers?
Did he have cockpit access?

He could've commandeered the plane and flew it into a tall building, or

the
Whitehouse, etc. Aside from the lose of lives, there would be the
psychological damage.

Watched to many terrorist/hijack movies of in-flight and regular

varieties?

You are right. I guess terrorists hijacking planes to fly into tall
buildings are all just the imaginations of movie makers.

Old September 12th, 2003, 02:28 AM
Yaofeng

"Peter L" wrote in message ...
"Yaofeng" wrote in message
om...
"Peter L" wrote in message

"mrtravel" wrote in message
. ..
admin wrote:

``If you're wearing a dress and heels, you'll get searched,'' he

said.
``If you're wearing a box like Charles McKinley, neither you nor the
box will get searched.''

More Homeland Security hype..

This was a cargo plane.
How many injuries could he have caused among passengers?
Did he have cockpit access?

He could've commandeered the plane and flew it into a tall building, or

the
Whitehouse, etc. Aside from the lose of lives, there would be the
psychological damage.

Watched to many terrorist/hijack movies of in-flight and regular

varieties?

You are right. I guess terrorists hijacking planes to fly into tall
buildings are all just the imaginations of movie makers.

Correct me if I am wrong. The idea of flying into tall buildings as a
terrorist act was not taken from any movies. It was brand new before
9/11.
Old September 12th, 2003, 05:17 AM
Miguel Cruz

Yaofeng wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong. The idea of flying into tall buildings as a
terrorist act was not taken from any movies. It was brand new before
9/11.

I believe there were abortive efforts to do the same thing in France and
possible the Philippines.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.
Old September 12th, 2003, 05:29 AM
mrtravel

Miguel Cruz wrote:

Yaofeng wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong. The idea of flying into tall buildings as a
terrorist act was not taken from any movies. It was brand new before
9/11.

I believe there were abortive efforts to do the same thing in France and
possible the Philippines.

From the cargo hold?
If the pilots don't open the door, there is no way to direct the plane
into a tall building

Old September 12th, 2003, 05:40 AM
Meghan Powers

Yaofeng wrote:

(Yaofeng doesn't know how to edit a post)

Correct me if I am wrong. The idea of flying into tall buildings
as a terrorist act was not taken from any movies. It was brand
new before 9/11.

What wasn't brand new is someone in the grip of islamic fervor taking
control of a large passenger plane and intentially crashing it. Egypt
Air FLT 990 (Oct 31 / 99). Seems we can expect nothing but (more)
trouble from those of the islamic faith that believe that suicidal
acts in the name if Islam are legimate if not compulsory. This will
continue until the Islamic religion undergoes it's own reformation (as
christianity did in the 15 and 16'hundreds). There are millions of
these people, crammed into hi-density countries, many of them young
and just itching to get into trouble, and the Islamic religion is
doing it's best to make their blood boil with hate towards the west.
Old September 12th, 2003, 06:03 AM
mrtravel

Meghan Powers wrote:
There are millions of
these people, crammed into hi-density countries, many of them young
and just itching to get into trouble, and the Islamic religion is
doing it's best to make their blood boil with hate towards the west.

Which has the highest population density, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan,
Iraq or England?

Old September 12th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Miguel Cruz

mrtravel wrote:
Meghan Powers wrote:
There are millions of these people, crammed into hi-density countries,
many of them young and just itching to get into trouble, and the Islamic
religion is doing it's best to make their blood boil with hate towards
the west.

Which has the highest population density, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan,
Iraq or England?

Do I ever have an answer for you.

For work I was putting together something that scrapes numerical data off
the CIA World Factbook and makes it a little easier to compare side-by-side.
It's far from done but does answer this one:

http://u.nu/cia/poplist.php

Old September 12th, 2003, 08:23 AM
mrtravel

Miguel Cruz wrote:
mrtravel wrote:

Meghan Powers wrote:

There are millions of these people, crammed into hi-density countries,
many of them young and just itching to get into trouble, and the Islamic
religion is doing it's best to make their blood boil with hate towards
the west.

Which has the highest population density, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan,
Iraq or England?

Do I ever have an answer for you.

For work I was putting together something that scrapes numerical data off
the CIA World Factbook and makes it a little easier to compare side-by-side.
It's far from done but does answer this one:

http://u.nu/cia/poplist.php

miguel

Ah, but I knew the answer when I asked the question.
Som much for the "crammed" part of this equation.