82 year old flight attendant won't quit

Old September 9th, 2006, 02:05 PM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
USA1st

Default 82 year old flight attendant won't quit

F&C wrote:
Could you ****wits stop bottom posting like this? SNIP THE ****ING ARTICLE.

Some people are never happy. If you bottom post, someone is not happy.
If you top post someone isn't happy. If you snip someone complains
that they don't know to what you are referring. If you don't snip
someone complains.

I rarely post, but GEESSSHHH!

Old September 9th, 2006, 02:40 PM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
(PeteCresswell)

Per Magda:
Not to mention those nasty nail
clippers!

Can somebody explain the nail clipper rationale to me?

I know they relented sometime this year and now allow them onboard... but back
in the beginning what did they think they'd be used for that a half-dozen
allowed items couldn't be used for too?
--
PeteCresswell
Old September 9th, 2006, 06:35 PM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
Larry Bud

Magda wrote:
On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 09:40:00 -0400, in alt.gossip.celebrities, "(PeteCresswell)"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Per Magda:
... Not to mention those nasty nail
... clippers!
... Can somebody explain the nail clipper rationale to me?

Can't. There isn't any.

The "handle" could easily be made into a sharp object. You'd be
surprised what an enterprising young terrorist can do.

Old September 9th, 2006, 07:22 PM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
Mxsmanic

ant writes:

Do you reckon those people would hang around inside the aeroplane? I don't!

They agree to do so, or they don't sit by the exits.

I reckon they'd be the first ones through it, galloping desperately into the
distance.

Not everyone is that selfish.

Old September 9th, 2006, 07:23 PM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
Mxsmanic

Kontessa Fanfarria writes:

I've seen plenty of ugly ones. It's their youth and agility I'm
interested in during an evacuation, not their facial beauty.

Do you expect them to carry you out of the plane?

Old September 10th, 2006, 02:57 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
ant[_6_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
ant writes:

Do you reckon those people would hang around inside the aeroplane?
I don't!

They agree to do so, or they don't sit by the exits.

I reckon they'd be the first ones through it, galloping desperately
into the distance.

Not everyone is that selfish.

If a plane looks like it's about to blow up (or sink), I doubt if most of
them would hang around. Some might. People with kids, for instance, will get
their kids and spouses out and then follow them.

--
ant
Don't try to email me;

Old September 10th, 2006, 02:57 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
ant[_6_]

Magda wrote:
On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 09:40:00 -0400, in alt.gossip.celebrities,
"(PeteCresswell)" arranged some electrons, so they
looked like this:

... Per Magda:
... Not to mention those nasty nail
... clippers!
... Can somebody explain the nail clipper rationale to me?

Can't. There isn't any.

I find long nails much more dangerous...

And dirty. (shudder).

Old September 10th, 2006, 03:37 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
PorchMonkey4Life

Put her on US-MiddleEast routes or US-Pakistani routes. She'll get the
hint and quit.
Old September 10th, 2006, 05:27 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
mrtravel[_1_]

Larry Bud wrote:
Magda wrote:

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 09:40:00 -0400, in alt.gossip.celebrities, "(PeteCresswell)"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Per Magda:
... Not to mention those nasty nail
... clippers!
... Can somebody explain the nail clipper rationale to me?

Can't. There isn't any.

The "handle" could easily be made into a sharp object. You'd be
surprised what an enterprising young terrorist can do.

A wine bottle or Coke can can easily be made into sharp objects.
Old September 10th, 2006, 06:22 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
Mxsmanic

ant writes:

If a plane looks like it's about to blow up (or sink), I doubt if most of
them would hang around. Some might. People with kids, for instance, will get
their kids and spouses out and then follow them.

FAs do it, and so do some other altruistic passengers, if necessary.